Most overrated and underrated airports?

Many people have different likes and dislikes, but many individuals believe certain airports are severely overrated or underrated. Which airports do you guys think are overrated and underrated? Feel free to discuss and add support to your decisions!😄

14 Likes

Heathrow is really overrated on TS…

38 Likes

Definitely! So is LAX and JFK

24 Likes

Overated. EGLL, KJFK, KSFO and KLAX.
Underated. EGBB, EHAM, KSEA, LFPG and few more

30 Likes

Actually EGLL, KLAX, KSFO, KFJK are overrated(TS) and all other airports are underrated rofl.
Always occupied (Which is actually also nice), but would be nice to see other airports also this busy.

8 Likes

Actually, Heathrow and LAX aren’t overrated, as the airports are less busy than IRL

Other airports need some more pilots, yes, but there still aren’t enough players to fill these two

6 Likes

EHAM 👌🏻
Agreed.
Underrated: EDDF

6 Likes

Overrated: all stated above
Underrated LSZH YSSY KDEN

4 Likes

ENGM is underrated

2 Likes

EGGD, KSAN, KPSP and EGJJ all underrated
And the Big Main 3 EGLL,KLAX and KJFK all overrated

1 Like

KSFO is overrated.
KSEA is underrated.

Mazatlán or Whitman airport underrated( PLEASE FLY)

KLAX, KSFO overrated

1 Like

Agree, but many other busy airports are dead, for example KATL. So in that case EGLL and KLAX are overrated, but with more players it will be hopefully more balanced.

2 Likes

CYYZ is underrated on the TS

1 Like

KDFW is underrated on TS

1 Like

ENZV is underrated on every server

2 Likes

Underrated LTFM, LTAC, LTAI, LIRF, EDDF
Overrated: (I dont think there are overrated airports.)

A more appropriate here criteria would be the number of IF players at an airport, we aren’t exactly comparing airports to their real-life image :)

For your band of criteria, the case would make even a very active airport in the real world and in IF, “underrated” on IF. In my opinion, it isn’t justified to classify airports as overrated or underrated, as members of IF are drawn to other players and will spawn and fly in regions where they see major traffic.

This may seem monotonous on the training server cough Heathr- cough cough Los Ang- Ahem. But thanks to the great system of the ATC Schedule on the Expert Server, many of these “underrated airports” get to see traffic quite regularly.

2 Likes

EGLL (TS1) is over-rated, nobody can change my mind. It’s the one place on IF that I don’t want to go to.
OMDB is underrated.

3 Likes

Overrated - EGLL KLAX KJFK
Underrated - most Caribbean airports and KMIA

1 Like