Most Memorable Moment Aboard A Flight

Hey guys!
I was wondering what some moments aboard a flight of any kind you have experience and will not forget?

Mine was when our Frontier Captain was being very nice and making our flight enjoyable by telling us story’s and humor! Also when I was flying solo and our flight attendant gave me extra cookies!

2 Likes

There was once a time where we had just landed in Denver and there was a family with two children. Both of them suddenly had a severe bathroom emergency that forced the plane to hold short on the taxi way so that the kids could go to the bathroom. The sad part was, I was sitting directly in the front of them! Never again do I want to experience that!

Also, when I was around 7 or 8, I used to bring model planes with me on my trip in my backpack. But I don’t mean one or two models, I mean a backpack full of them! Sometimes my backpack had to be searched because there were so many of them! It was always required for my young self to bring every model on every trip.

7 Likes

When we get a funny flight attendant.

This one time I was on an American Airlines flight from KSFO-KCLT and this flight attendant was reciting the safety message. He said in a way that made every passenger laugh and this flight was late at night.

Most beautiful moment for me on an airplane was when I was on a Southwest Airlines flight and I was given an airline badge. I loved it a lot! Today, I still think of that airline badge and I think of it being on me as a pilot.

3 Likes

This was when I was little, when I used to carry around a stuffed clown fish named Nemo, and one time,we boarded a flight, and a FA let me go to the cockpit, and I met the captain! Now what does the fish have to do with this? It turns out, he had a cat with the same name!

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying reading your stories!

1 Like

In the early 2000s, I was boarding a Tu-154 of Aeroflot from St. Petersburg to Moscow, and I used to carry a stuffed cat around then (I was quite young). However, just as I was about to step foot into the aircraft, my cat fell through the small gap between the staircase to the plane and the plane itself. My dad said it’s tough luck and I can’t get it back, so we just took our seats and I was on the verge of crying. However, miraculously the captain was doing his walk-around of the aircraft then and discovered the cat and brought it back to me to my seat. I was probably the happiest kid on that plane. This is what I call Aeroflot’s customer care! ;)

10 Likes

%20

I’m a bit confused, to say the least…

14 Likes

I changed it up so that it made more sense.

I was flying KCVG to KRSW and the Captain gave me the FPL, NOTAMs, and crew information sheets, as they were changed. I still have it and am going to try it in IF sometime.

5 Likes

When i was flying from hongkong to shanghai when a 3 year old throw up at me… Its not a good memories but at least its memorable right? :)

3 Likes

When we were flying back from Athens, we had a stop in Rome, and a stop in Boston, but by the time the 3rd flight can around I could barely stay awake, and apparently I fell asleep and the flight attendant had to push my seat forward.

Similar incident happened on our way back from Barcelona- we had a layover in JFK, and on the flight back, I was constantly falling asleep and then waking back up after like 30 seconds

2 Likes

The flight attendant for a hawaiian airlines flight gave us a first class “cookie” mix of different island cookies because we were local. They had extra, the FA offered, we took. By far, that is very memorable.

1 Like

This was back in 2011 when i flew with Air Europa’s 737 to Las Palmas. I had to go to the toilet and on my way out, the captain invited me in to the cockpit mid-air, and that was quite fun

1 Like

I played Pacman on an A380! 😄
It was back in 2014 when I flew Singapore airlines from Singapore to London Heathrow.

2 Likes

The most memorable moment was visiting the cockpit and hitting the No-Smoking and Seat Belts sign of an A320 post-landing in Changi :) I will never forget that day

1 Like

Not on commercial flight, but a few weeks ago I got to have a nice flight in a Cessna 150 around NZWU. Was my first flight in such a small plane, we did three circuits and then I was allowed to land it!
I suppose all those years on IF helped too 😜

1 Like

Best memorable experience: Going into and meeting the pilots in the cockpit of an A380 (EK)

Worst memorable: REX flight landing in YMER, touchdown was nice but a sudden crosswind literally threw the plane off the runway (at least one wheel), I thought we were gonna end up in the terminal…

3 Likes

I was flying on a Boeing 767-300 and the captin allowed me tp sit in the cokpit and he taught me about his experiences with flying and he gave me a free packet of Maltesers and not a small one a giant one.

2 Likes

I was flying on a southwest 737-800 (I actually thought it was a MAX) from ATL to MCI late at night. And when I looked out the window I saw a beautiful view of the clouds below our plane and the clear sky above. I took a picture but it was not like what I saw 😔

1 Like

Being aboard a Soldiers Final Flight. Very memorable

4 Likes