Most difficult landing

What was the most difficult landing you’ve ever had to do (and hopefully completed) and why?

6 Likes

Spent a while in a hurricane hunter. When I got back to Hawaii The hurricane kinda already hit Hawaii… so I had to land in 80 knot winds. Those C-130s are tough though so I made it through.

6 Likes

Luckily there were no unhappy passengers 😬

5 Likes

This is for IF right? If it is then I was in a A320 and had a good 30 knot crosswind.

2 Likes

What airport?

1 Like

I was landing at Paro, the approach is Hard!
And in solo with 98knot crosswinds in a 717.

4 Likes

I’ll try a 98 in solo and try not to crash 😂

3 Likes

It was JFK a couple months ago. Some crazy winds.

2 Likes

Today, at PANC. I was in a UAL 738 and there was a 35 kt direct crosswind. It was tuff. Lots of rudder, super rough, insane landing, almost slammed my wing into the ground. Crazy windy. My poor 737😩😂

4 Likes

Let’s just say there was something a while back called the space shuttle mission… 😂

That was probably the hardest thing ever for me

7 Likes

Well. A Cessna citation in a terrible cross wind. Bouncing off to on the runway again. And I knew the landing gear was damaged. Which embarrassed me for I’m. Grade 3 but not with all the landings.

3 Likes

Probably just the other week during the event that was hosted by the regulars. The crosswind and the fact that I was flying the A320 and I was not use to the live instruments😂😂 twas great fun tho lol

3 Likes

Tegucigalpa, approaching over the mountain with the low turn to short final - that’s a tough one to do properly, and took me a couple of goes to even vaguely make it a passable landing.

4 Likes

St. Barths with 23 knt tailwinds
I was in a C208 and landed safely

3 Likes

Haha, I vaguely remember that, i believe there was one at pitch black night? Boy that was really hard, and before I was even decent at IF so…

2 Likes

You do know you can land on both runways at SBH, right?

2 Likes

I landed in Vancouver with 76KTS wind. Weather froze so I was stuck with that. Let’s just say some grass was squished that day.

3 Likes

At the gold coast, the weather system was broken so i had to try to land with 150-200 knot winds…

2 Likes

Omg Paro i did that one as well and i have a video of my landing

Hmmm…

Paro with 42kt crosswinds in a A320 - resulted in a landing rate of -681fpm

2 Likes