Most Difficult approach

Hey IF community, I hope that everyone’s doing well.

So I’ve been looking around for difficult approaches and I saw Paro Intl. Airport which seemed very interesting.

After watching several videos about landing at this airport, I felt that I was ready and that it would be a “Piece of Cake”. But it kinda wasnt😢

So an hour ago I hopped onto an A320 and I spawned at Guwahati Airport, filed my flight plan, taxiied to Runway 20 and away I went.

As I got close to my TOD, I noticed how hectic the mountains were, but fear not I know what to do.

As I went lower I could now see the airport and I was inbound for Runway 33.

But wait this approach is quite awkward I seemed to be oddly too high, so I used the forward-slip method to lose some Altitude and all went well. I landed but it was not very buttery.

In conclusion Paro Intl. Airport is a great airport, I advise flying there. Its a great way to practice your Mountainous (If I can say it like that) approaches.

8 Likes

Paro Airport is indeed one tough and fun approach. The Approach procedures really helps guide you in!

2 Likes

Yeah, indeed

The approach procedure made it much better

Try SBRJ runway 02 especially when you enter that left DW. Trust me, it’s really hard but a lot of fun!

3 Likes

Next time try circle-to-land RWY15, a true test of skill 😆

4 Likes

You should try lukla next .

1 Like

What is the forward slip operation?

I’ll definitely have to try flying there, I love flying where there is mountains!

1 Like

Try Toncontin runway 02 as well. Very challenging approach.

2 Likes

Toncotin is fun, especially if you use the floaty 757 lol

2 Likes

CRJ too, whew…

2 Likes

One more that I just did: SBRJ runway 20R
(Santos-Dumont in Rio de Janeiro)

2 Likes

Anything with the crj fully loaded.

I can not fly that plane

2 Likes

The runway 25 approach at San Jose is really difficult and fun!

1 Like

Paro airport is an amazing Aiport to fly into!

1 Like

Keep one thumb on the throttle and the other on the rudder. It can be really fun to land.

2 Likes

For some reason I nailed the approach to Paro the first time but since then I’ve never had near as good a landing as the first time. 😂

I agree, it’s a really hard airport to land at. But it’s really fun and a great way to practice!

2 Likes

You should do VNLK next. Lukla is very scenic but hard to land and not crash.

2 Likes

I will give it a try again C:

1 Like

I love a good challenge, I’ll be sure to tryout the suggestions.

1 Like

Pretty sure power idle, nose down (probably even spoilers deployed) to quickly loose altitude while not increasing speed (or at least not increasing speed by too much).

2 Likes