Most Dangerous Airport

Who agrees that Paro Airport located in Bhutan is one of the most dangerous airports in the world? Located in a long, deep, and windy river valley and known for its dangerous approach. It’s runway surrounded by very high mountain peaks. at the Edge of stalling out. hard and challenging but fun doing this approach.

1 Like

I agree, it is one of the most dangerous. But airports like Lukla, Saba, Queenstown, Toncontin are dangerous airports as well that have a challenging approach.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to add Maderia and Innsbruck in this category. I personally feel Toncontín is very challenging - on par with Paro. I have misjudged the attitude, speed and distance when landing at Paro forcing me to g/a.
You have to be constantly aware of the surroundings and its all visual approaches.

1 Like

Paro and Toncontin are probably on par with each other in terms of difficulty.

2 Likes

I totally agree!

2 Likes

There are many difficult approaches by terrain and attitude. It also depends of the aircraft you are using. Weather (Wind in IF) is also a topic that could turn a easy one into tricky. I don’t think there is the “one” most difficult approach.

Some other threads around this topic:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.