Most complicated airport to fly into?

Setting boring things aside, let’s have a look into which airports have complicated approaches/approach procedures/size restrictions/layouts based on what you feel is so. Let’s go!

1 Like

O’hare Airport (knowing how many times it’s gonna be mentioned in this thread)

Screen_Shot_2018-03-30_at_11.34.27_AM

7 Likes

I would say Chicago Ohare airport

1 Like

Ohare without a doubt

Cmon, who can understand THIS?

7 Likes

Tenzing Hillary - Lukla Airport in Nepal is Dangerous…

1 Like

my x step mother lol she was a monster at it I really didn’t know what she did there but I know she was in the tower I believe she was ground not 100 percent sure ima definitely reach out and ask I use to ask her all the tiks about this type of stuff there’s a crazy love I have for it

1 Like

Here, anyone just take a look (if you want, I’m not forcing you) at these two O’Hare tutorials to feel a little less confused. It is quite a confusing airport though, being a Chicago native.

3 Likes

Me! As complicated as O’hare is, it doesn’t take too long to learn!

7 Likes

It appears KLAS is hard because every single time I always see someone landing 26R.

7 Likes

I’m not an offender of that, but it is the same feeling of someone landing 28R at KORD.

2 Likes

How about the RNAV RNP approaches into Queenstown New Zealand… 🤔

The departure procedures are challenging as well, with their circling visual climbs beside mountains to height before joining IFR to fixes at about 9000ft.

4 Likes

(third user posted a map image of O’Hare airport)

3 Likes

Paro in Bhutan, the runway 33 approach is hard

2 Likes

@JarrettFlies can help me on this, but KMKE, so many random, rarely used runways. You have 7/25 and the other big one which are used. But the other 3 confuse me haha.

2 Likes

This confuses me as well. The runways at MKE make 0 sense. Even more so that there’s 2 whole abandoned terminals, one of which was used only for 5 months 😂

1 Like

Want to see something even more angering?

1 Like

I’m sorry to be that guy but I think O’hare is extremely fun and of course simple.
One of my favorite places to fly into.

2 Likes

In Papua New Guinea 🇵🇬 there’s a few challenging airports especially in the Highlands. AYMH. Mount Hagen.TFM Telefomin. AYTB.Tabubil ( I use to Live Here in the 90’s).AYGA.Goroka and other small Bush flying airport to name a few… Check it Out
It’s Paradise there.

2 Likes

There’s quite a few remote areas scattered across the world that could be buried in mountains with steep approaches, sudden turns, and so on.

Californian airports are probably some of the more intresting to fly out of and learn the layouts of.