Most Ahead Of Time Arrivals (Real Life)

Put your most ahead of time arrivals here.
Mine was when I was flying an Air Canada Boeing 767-300ER from TLV-YYZ in 2014
The usual flight is about 11 & 1/2 hours but we arrived an hour early because of a rare tailwind. Since we arrived so early we had to wait for a gate!

3 Likes

Pretty much half the JetBlue flights I’ve been on.

5 Likes

Its not mine but my dad flew from HEL to IVL. Usually it takes about 1h 15min, but they had so hard tailwind that it took less than an hour. They had to refuel at IVL wich they do literally once in 5 years. 😂

1 Like

Flew from BOS-MIA on American. Nice tailwind from the northeast all the way down, so we arrived 40 minutes early and had to sit in a spot for 15 minutes waiting for our gate to open up

1 Like

Most flights can arrive early if there is not a strong headwind with an on time departure. Airlines add padding the timetables so that a 5min delay doesn’t cascade down through the entire day.

1 Like

@Bulba He meant ahead of STA (Scheduled Time of Arrival), the different time zones have nothing to do with this.

1 Like

Ok sorry then nevermind.

1 Like

I can only imagine the faces of the First Class passengers arriving an hour early…

3 Likes

I arrived early to Mumbai/Bombay today (We were 30 minutes-ish early) Not a usual sight at Mumbai ;)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.