More Free Aircraft

Firstly I would add more regions to this topic, but I researched a little and found this topic!

After a quick research through the forum, I found it quite surprising that no one has made this feature request yet gets closed and unlisted. Quite oftenly I feel there are just too few free aircraft, especially in the airliner segment (There’s just the A321, A380, 717, 737-700, 747-400 (Yay!) and the CRJ-200 in the airliner segment). Perhaps from time to time (like at every 5 updates idk), make 1 or 2 pro aircraft free. Or maybe, add some sort of coin system that earns you coins by watching ads after each flight (that is disabled once you get pro) (I mean, we just have the regions anyway…). This coin system could also be interesting to buy regions too (I personally want to fly at the region of my house, at around SBSP and SBGR, however most regions are at the US for some reason). The coin by ad syistem could also be interesting to the devs too, because ads bring them some revenue, don’t they?!

This is a very simple reason: most of the IF user base is located in the US.

As far as free planes go, what is the economic incentive you provide in the topic for devs to make this happen? You do mention Ads, but doesn’t that take away from the user experience? I have seen countless simulators that use ads, and quite frankly, they all are very bad! You mostly mention your wants and desires to fly, but you also gotta think from the devs perspective 🙂

2 Likes

To my knowledge the Steam Gauge Cessna 172 and XCub are free.

Pro is used to fund the development and stability of the game to keep all the servers and stuff, but also to fund the software and time used for the developers to create the aircraft, going in a nice little circle.

I get the point of more aircraft in non-pro, I’ve been there before, but if you want a quality product, you need to fund the developers to give that level of quality.

6 Likes

Yeah but I mentioned commercial, not general sector.

That’s why the formatting

Well, we just have the regions to fly at, so idk

ThEn GiVe iDeAs OtHeR tHaN pRo

Simple: Charge $15 per minute flown.

The devs would be rich in hours!

/s

4 Likes

The little money I have: Adiós

1 Like

What ideas do you have other than pro then?

The ad system?

Non pro has 5 of the 12 series of Airbus and Boeing aircraft, along with the CRJ. Personally I’d say this is fair without a subscription.

nOn PrO 🙃

Ew. Many more would leave and lose money than gain a small amount from advertisement. It would also massively ruin the gameplay.

10 Likes

The point of having pro with all of the aircraft is to make you want to get pro. If they start giving alternatives to pro, then less people will end up getting the pro subscription, which equals less revenue for the developers.

Never going to happen.
Ads are one of the most annoying things in the world.

31 Likes

Yeah you’re just forgetting the fact that THERE’S 1 VARIANT PER SERIES!

Then, don’t add global nor multiplayer

ikr 🤣, that’s just a (stupid) suggestion

One of my favorite things about this app compared to other mobile apps 👍

Also, about more aircraft. If there were more aircraft, there might be a drop in interest for getting the “pro” version, and you already have a pretty good selection avaliable for free, so I’m not so sure about this

2 Likes

Well, you could also add a disable option. ADS WOULD BE JUST FOR PLAYERS WITHOUT PRO TO BUY AIRCRAFT WITH A HYPOTHETICAL COIN BY AD SYSTEM. Hope this clarifies a bit what you’ve messed up I think.

Here’s the thing.

Development can’t happen without money coming in.
Satellite imagery can’t be purchased, streamed or maintained unless there’s money coming in.
Whatever you can think of, can’t happen without money coming in.

Compare us to pretty much any other app in the same segment and with the level of quality, we have more included content than any i believe. 15-16 included aircraft, 7 regions with real life satellite imagery that gets updated in the same way it would for PRO subscriber etc.

Ads = time spent on something you really don’t care about and generally just leaves you with a bad taste. And you know what they say - “Time is money” ;)

12 Likes

Hey it’s 10 vs 1! Unfair!

Ok then, so at least somewhat prioritize free aircraft for rework? 😢

The moderation team can feel free to close this, but please don’t unlist this so that if anyone comes up with this idea in the future we can link this topic

I mean it takes money for IF to operate a lot of things.

OK here is what they should possibly bring back.

Back in the day you could pay for individual planes which when you bought pro it would kinda be worthless but those people who dont want to pay for the global ect.

They could also do this for scenery. If you buy all the planes it would be more than a pro sub.

4 Likes

Yes they should I remember those days.

2 Likes

Yeah I bought the 777W and 737-800

1 Like