More "experts" on Expert Server

To bad we can’t designate pilots to be “mods” who are trusted on IFC and help out. I think that’d be a good idea but that’s me

5 Likes

I disagree with you here. There are tons of experienced pilots who have excellent conduct who aren’t regulars.

5 Likes

I hate it when people who join and only have 60 hour of flying join expert server and start messing about in uncontrolled airports. I hope the report button works again!

5 Likes

What grade the limit is makes no difference because there is nothing stopping them doing this on training.

1 Like

actually this is the rule: you fly and land, you gain access to the **expert server

what the issue is that you can be a complete noob to be in expert

what we need is a test before you gain access into expert and the report button works again

developers if you see this i hope infinite flight will improve, thanks!

2 Likes

I agree it isn’t an accurate reflection however I see many less grade 4 (and grade 5) offenders than grade 3 and ultimately playing the odds. This may be due in part to what I think is a lower amount of grade 4 and 5 pilots in the sim. The qualifications to achieve grade 3 are pretty low IMO. How skilled is a user after 50 landings??

I think that the new welcome screen “tips” such as encouraging users to join IFC are a step in the right direction.

1 Like

To get 40,000XP takes way more than 50 landings.

2 Likes

to all pilots, to prevent turning on strobe while taxi😉

3 Likes

Technically that is not true. A user in theory could do a number of long hauls and earn significant XP or hop in a Cessna in windy conditions and nail the landing and earn quite a bit. Either way the requirements IMO could use a review.

Actually, that’s already a thing, there’s a secret group of pilots who have the ability to ghost.

In regards to this thread, noobs on expert will always be there, but you have to know, that it’s only a matter of time before they do something stupid in front of a mod/staff or under ATC control. If we don’t give them the attention they want, then I do believe that most will get caught eventually.

2 Likes

Yesterday during FNF Landing at PHL 27R at minimums here comes Air Force 1 right over my head and landing in front of me. Now I am a grade 3, I am also a real world pilot. This was an absolutely juvenile feat of airmanship.

1 Like

Either way having more requirements will have little effect other than annoying people. The least effected people will be the trolls. There is nothing at all in the training server stopping these people from using the techniques they do, and there isn’t anything to teach them better. As someone who controls quite a bit in the training server I can tell we are powerless to the inexperienced. When they land the wrong way there is nothing we can do to stop them, or to teach better. Upping requirements will make it even harder for those who are following protocol, because often what the inexperienced do is so they can save time. To fix the issue you have to teach them how to actually do it right, maybe through progressive tutorials actually in the sim itself.

Or we could teach them how to do it right on training, instead of leaving those who are willing to help them powerless and leaving them to make it to expert and get ghosted

Grades may not be an accurate reflection but that does not mean that stricter server restrictions can’t be enforced…

1 Like

Well the tips on the loading screen were added for exactly that purpose. In addition, they could also join the forum and get access to the tutorials.

When I started playing IF I didn’t even notice the buttons for the forum. People don’t pay attention to those, you have to put it in their face.

I don’t disagree that more tutorials help. I think getting these folks in IFC is one of the first steps or they will never see them. I also control a lot on training and get frustrated as well.

Granted when I started playing they might not have been there, but the point still stands. If you make something smaller than everything around it no one will notice it.

Don’t be surprised when a Grade 4 pilot doesn’t know the optimal cruise speed of the 787 and still access expert! Using full throttle on takeoff too! Not using unicom at all! The requirements to access expert should be revised, at least to prevent noobs. For pilots who have the intention to troll, just let IFATC or mods take the necessary action, if they are able to.

1 Like

I was a KDFW landing and was 300 feet off the ground when I saw someone in a 777 taking off from the taxiway. They did it in between IFATC however as I have no doubt they would have been ghosted if IFATC was there. Trolls are sneaking in.

1 Like