A challenge for everyone out there. At the beginning of each month use the Great Circle Map Website to create a flight map of all the routes you’ve flown in the last month. To create your detailed flight map enter one route in and hit map. Then scroll down to the bottom of the Great Circle Map created and enter in the rest of your routes in the Map Controls Paths box at the bottom. Let’s see who has utilized IF to it’s full potential! Of course I will be pulling winners from among those that submit their flight maps. There will be three categories that I will be drawing winners from
- Most Distance Traveled in the last month
- Highest Distance Average on routes
- Most Diverse routes
The first two can be found at the bottom of the page for GCM and the last category will be determined by a submitted flight map. The winners from each month will be displayed on the thread and will receive an invite to do a hyper realistic group flight that both challenges one’s airmanship and one’s horizon of the world with me and the other winners on the Expert server.
Of course there are rules.
- Valid Flights for the month must be started on the first of the month and before the first of the month.
- Flights that end on the first of the month cannot be submitted for two separate months
- Flights must originate and end at different airports however return flights in the same session are acceptable.
- Monthly winners must be willing to submit all screenshots of their logbook for the month if asked to verify submission.
- All flights must be done on Training Server or Expert on Live
- All submissions must include a Great Circle Mapper Flight Map with all valid flights from the month shown.
So to get this challenge on the road I give you my flight map from the month of August 2019.
Total Distance traveled in August- 86,133miles
Average distance of each flight- 1,758miles