Monitoring new controllers for their understanding of ATC rules and proper procedures

Have had several experiences now when I was cleared to land and not only on short final but right after touchdown on the runway as well…and in that momentary interval…another aircraft either plowed ahead of me or jumped over me on the runway …l presume because he was out of infinite fuel and had no other recourse… My query then is how could the controller be so distracted as not to see such an overt action…was he possibly blindfolded and trying out some type of ESP or meditation technique to better perform his duty…in the real world this IMHO would qualify as severe breech of safety standards…and send that controller back forthwith for more intensive training on proper procedure …or issue him his pink slip or its equivalent…if the ultimate purpose of this sim is to attempt to duplicate real world rules and standards as much as possible…then such actions should be monitored or captured and flagged for review, by either some equivalent of an instant replay capability by installation of a new software algorithm or routine by the devs…or at the least tag team type human intervention on a higher level to catch similar egregious and potentially life threatening mistakes…

4 Likes

Nice use of the word egregious Randall!

Was this on the Playground ATC server, or the Pro one?
Shouldn’t be happening on the Pro server.

1 Like

One time was definitely on the advanced server when I was landing at KONT…l think it was in an F14…and an airliner jumped over me right after touchdown…l had a normal reaction to slam on the brakes…even though we are in an Infinite Twilight Zone…where virtual planes can just absorb each other…if you get my drift…thx for your reply

2 Likes

Did you get a controller name from the pro server session you mentioned?
If not I’d make a note in future.

Anything can happen in the ATC playground server though. The controllers in there are just standard untested users. You could have a go yourself in there.

Unfortunately, l was too busy trying to stay on the runway and avoid yet another forced taxi violation…but next time I will politely ask the next incident provoker to throttle down and park for a minute while l take a quick screenshot…l’m sure he’ll be more than willing to cooperate…

1 Like

Sounds like a plan! 😆 But maybe grab the controllers name too, not just the incident provoker.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The next time it happens I will try my best to get the ID of both the errant pilot and the ATC in charge at the time…but my first consideration is trying not to tack on any more unnecessary violations…l will try to pm you then…thx for your replies…

1 Like