MOM Air: Iceland's New Low-Cost Carrier (WOW Air but flipped)

Well someone hasn’t told them yet

2 Likes

Probably meant to say BER T5…

1 Like

Actually someone mentioned that SXF is closed, and they said “our marketing team shows that people like it better, so we will fly there instead” 😅

2 Likes

Interesting… Can’t say I ever heard anyone saying that they like the old SXF, but with such an ‚airline‘ who knows. Thanks for the insights!

2 Likes

This has to be a joke. Some of the things I’m reading about “MOM Air” is beyond ridiculous.

2 Likes

I think the best thing we should all do right now is on the lookout for solid-real material before we make assumptions. As of now, there is no really clear direction as to whether this is a hoax or an actual airline, therefore we should keep this in our minds but not spend too much time on this until it becomes solid news. Most likely we will either find out that this is a hoax and the people behind this will face some legal issues, or we will find out this is an actual airline. That will then give us something to talk about. Right now there is too much uncertainty to make a certain decision. Keep in mind anyone can create a website, anyone can spread information real or fake, it’s up to us to keep our filter on it and look for logical reasoning behind every claim, and not speculation.

At the same time it is still great to have our own opinions, so to summarize don’t go overboard with this believing it is all real, and don’t jump to say it is fake, instead let the sources, evidence, and inquiry tell the story.

Here’s my take: This airline is most likely not a real one. In order to do something like put infected and immune people on an aircraft (which multiple sources have indicated is the possible airline’s intention) you would have to get clearance from multiple agencies which have jurisdiction over you, your government, whatever aviation administration has influence in your operations, the consent of your crew members, of your passengers, and everyone who is working with that aircraft. You cant have sick passengers transported to an airport and placed together in a plane, because there is no telling how they are going to get there, Their luggage, waste, and everything they do will go somewhere at some point where it has to be handled by someone. Especially for a launching airline, let alone a legacy airline, no airline would do something like this and they simply would not be able to because of the rules and regulations in place.

Furthermore, a press conference was scheduled and was stated to have occurred today, and if that is the case then it would be made public because everything up until now was made very public, however, this was not the case. As a business cooperation, you would not be giving a press conference on the “dark web.” In addition, there’s the whole ordeal of flying to SXF instead of BER ( as we know SXF is closed yet their “team” has said they will fly there because “passengers” like it better) However, I would like to point out this is just my logic and evidence from my sources and it may be wrong.

Let me know what you guys think, stay safe :)

4 Likes

Your English teacher would be proud

1 Like

@KTJ_Mitchell LOL Yes my English teacher would definitely be proud :)

1 Like

Then they should have a full-mums crew :)

Fly Mom Air, Caring you as if you were our kids lol

2 Likes

“but mom, i am 35 already!”

2 Likes

I think Icelandair might just be looking a bit more professional after this. If this was posted in April, I wouldn’t believe it!

The owner went public apparently saying it’s NOT performance art/a hoax

At this point I really don’t know what to think
1 Like

@CaptainSooraj At this point it seems still kind of unofficial, even if MOM Air is legitimate the government in Iceland and whatever aviation union is in place there would definitely have something to say about this, and the stream looks more like a gamer stream than anything. This is extremely un-real, I’m not sure what to think about this, but we shall see whether anything actually happens or not. Logic says no, but we can only wait at this point for evidence. The other issue is with everyone that works with/for the airline. Putting a bunch of people that are sick together is fine when they are in the aircraft, but once they de-plane or board there would be a lot of logistics to consider with utensils and waste, luggage, the ground crew, mechanics, the cleanliness and reusability of the cockpit you could wear gloves and PPE but you are still sick and it’s very risky. From an operations standpoint even with Airbus A320 family Enhanced Cabin Air Filtration (HEPA) which is very effective with a 99% or higher success rate of keeping the plane safe and clean, once these people de-plane however there are no HEPA systems and more importantly there is a world of currently sick and safe people mingling.

This is definitely strange, and if they get approved for their AOC (Air Operators Certificate) which would allow them to operate hiring willing crew and getting buisness (which isn’t the big issue nor would it be extremely hard but it would be difficult) then this would seem more official, but for now, it seems extremely weird.

1 Like

Well, turns out that this was a giant prank on the entire world. Considering that they planned on flying to Heathrow, could they have caused the loss of B6’s bid for slots there?

Either way, I’d wait for more articles before making a deduction solely based on the article I’ve linked.

In retrospect, the silence of the Icelandic regulators regarding this airline should speak volumes.

1 Like

I mean it was pretty obvious in my opinion. For me it’s another example of „art“ I don’t seem to understand, the way the artist does… (maybe because it’s bad 😅😂)

1 Like

I feel like I’m more surprised by the fact that they are calling it art than that it’s fake lol.

2 Likes

Nah, the chances of JetBlue getting the original slot allocation was almost nothing. The only chances they have of getting slots is through remedy slots (airlines such as American/British, Delta/Virgin Atlantic forced to give up slots) or if another airline sells/leases slots to JetBlue.

1,394 Heathrow slots were requested for the summer 2021 season. JetBlue requested 42. Only one airline, Shenzhen Airlines, received four. Everyone else’s requests were rejected.

2 Likes