Mock Airlines (NOT VIRTUAL AIRLINES)?

I have this thing where I make up my own mock airlines in my mind.

It’s not like a virtual airline because mine is not at ALL based off of any real airlines. Also, I run a bunch of hypothetical routes to cities that don’t have a map (I just do the takeoff and pretend it flies to the city). Here’s an example of a mainline carrier comparable to Delta:

Hubs: JFK

JFK Based Fleet:

30 Boeing 717-200 (High frequency, 1,500 mi. max flights JFK-PIT or JFK-BOS for example)
40 Boeing 737-700 (Flights to the center of the country and the South. JFK-OMA or JFK-AGS)
50 Boeing 737-800 (Used on Caribbean flights, supplement the 717-200 flights on the bigger cities JFK-ORD or JFK-PAP)
10 Boeing 737-900ER 40 Ordered (Used on flights to large cities like the 737-800, JFK-MSY or JFK-ATL)
60 Boeing 757-200 (Used on transcons JFK-LAX, large markets in USA JFK-MSP and long, thin trans-Atlantics JFK-NCE)
30 Boeing 767-300ER (Used on trans-Atlantic flights to larger cities JFK-SVO, JFK-CAI)
10 Boeing 777-200LR (Used on ultra long haul JFK-SIN, JFK-JNB)
60 Boeing 777-300ER (Used on USA-Europe, Asia, and South America JFK-LHR JFK-CDG, JFK-NRT, JFK-ICN, JFK-GRU, JFK-LIM)

Am I crazy or normal? :no_mouth:

I have dozens of airlines like this based out of BFI, CGX, ISP, Lihue (The airport code escapes me…), and others. I still love you Meigs-Don’t let the ___________ (<–Insert your favorite expletive here) Mayor Daley bully you.

Best, Boeing707

6 Likes

Good imagination :)

2 Likes

Yeah, I do similar things.
I take a look at FlightStats for flights arriving in real time at a certain airport. Then I check if some minutes before or after the actual time at the airport there are flights arriving equipped with aircrafts and liveries featured in Infinite Flight.
After that I look at Flightradar24 for the approximate route and the runway used.
Sometimes there is also the gate indicated on Google!
Finally I open the App and fly, obviously with the proper callsign.
All for realism ;)

1 Like

Looks good ! However still classified as a Virtual Airline, not just one based a specific real life airline.

@Boeing707… “Mad Max Sends” you greetings and reminds you that your vintage almost VA is ripe for Advertisement Spam Flagging. If it floats again I’ll nail it! …LOL…

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@Rotate… “Mad Max Send”; Back off Rotate, it end with a LOL. You want an explanation for my opening statement visit me by PM. I will not engage you on the open forum.

I’m not gojng back to the VA subject. Right now at least.

I am not at all planning for this to be a VA don’t worry ;). It’s a mock/imaginary airline that I fly myself.

I mean you could use it but I don’t have intentions on recruiting pilots, making it public or anything. I’m not advertising this now or in the future.

IIRC I made the topic to see what people thought.

1 Like

@Boeing707… Max Sends you warm greetings; Note the "LOL closing! It’s a joke son. No offense intended.

(What’s with all the “thin skinned” folk on this Forum, you’d think they were all running for office! I guess bobbing and weaving come with the territory. Take no prisoners!)

1 Like

@Boeing707 there is a game called air tycoon 3 you could use to make an airline with your own route hubs flight aircrafts starting in the 1960s .

1 Like