Mobile Device - No Accessories

Can any body give me some tips on how to get the smoothest possible landing on iOS with no joysticks or any kind of accessories hooked up? Thanks!

1 Like

Here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St7I1Fq1HTM

Edit: He descends at 2500fpm, which isn’t necessary. Yes I’m talking to you @Swiss lol

2 Likes

Get sensitivity close to the bottom!

Just practice!

Everyone will have different techniques as to how they land smoothly, different sensitivity ect. For me personally, I find any aircraft in the ERJ series the easiest to butter.

I suppose the only other advice I can give is to make sure to flare on final, and try keep the lil FPV direction indicator above the horizontal horizon line, like I’ve done below:

Your biggest tool is just to practice 🙃. Keep it up and in sure you’ll be able to, ahem… grease every time!

4 Likes

Make sure you know the proper approach speeds for your aircraft and weight, too slow or too fast may result in a bad flare and very hard touchdown. Google is your best friend here, but you can also check out this thread:

3 Likes

If I have to give my advice that how I land the smoothest in my case, this would be it.

When I am on final I will adjust my aircraft below the glide slope slightly, and that is to reduce the difficulty on flaring 10-20ft above the ground. Don’t forget to give your aircraft a slight kick in throttle when you are nearly on the ground to smoothen out landings that aircrafts don’t have ground effect.

Hope this helps!

I usually don’t lower the throttle to 0% idle right away before touchdown, to get the smoothest landings. If you do idle your throttle to the lowest you will lose speed and more likely make a harder landing. One tiny tip.

2 Likes

I don’t try to make my landings smooth just on the centreline then the rest just works

1 Like

I appreciate that! Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.