MN Aviation ATC tracking Thread @ KMSP (CLOSED)

I am close to qualification for IFATC and need to practice a little bit more.

KMEM Ground and Tower now OPEN

2 Likes

Sorry, i can’t make it now, but if you’re on later i can certainly test you out (30mins) :)

1 Like

Sounds good… PM me whenever and I can be ATC anywhere for ya

1 Like

Alright, i’m free now. Wanna open at EDDL?

1 Like

Sure, I can run if you are still up

I m coming

1 Like

See you there’s!

1 Like

Coming too

1 Like

• When planes request changes to another runway you need to use a pattern entry. So in my case, enter right downwind runway 5L, number 2 traffic to follow is on final.
    ill edit more after
  • exit command, try to give this command when im at around 60kts on the ground, i didn’t even land when you gave me this command.
  • sequencing, sequence first then clear the aircraft for landing/option
  • clearances, once you’ve told them to make left/right traffic, clear them for the option… This is because they might report position and want to land, then you have to re-clear them from a touch and go clearance to a landing clearance. Cleared for the option means you can land/touch and go/ and or do a fly by.
  • thinking ahead! i was on downwind with @joslleymiguel_holand and you told me to maintain slowest practical speed. I was the faster aircraft, there are many ways around maintaining slowest practical speed, like telling him to extend downwind, and he was number to traffic to follow is on downwind, and telling me to turn base. Be careful when telling people to maintain slowest practical speed because if your airport is busy everyone behind will have to maintain a slow speed.
1 Like

Let’s finish and give our feedback later.

accidentally pressed send

1 Like

Where do you want your feedback?

Right in this thread would be great

@Oliver02 Thank you so much for the feedback. I will fix those small mistakes. Better to do it now instead of on my practical!

1 Like

Take a look at Tyler’s video. Youtube “the perfect ATC test” :)

2 Likes

I think I’ve already watched that. I’ll rewatch it just to be sure

I’m going to start from the beginning, sometimes it’s good to anticipate your orders especially when the airport is full and it was not the case, if you do not let the pilot speak it will be very difficult to know the intention,

1. inbound aircraft and those requesting runway change need a pattern instruction and then clearence
  2. Every aircraft doing the pattern work needs a clearence at each approach “you did it” but not necessarily the direction unless you want to change it to runway and avoid that they are all using the same runway
  3. You must give the order of exite runway when the aircraft has a safe speed
  4. the 747 of lufthansa called inbound for landing runway 05R and I was in the final for the landing, and you said number 2 traffic follow is on final, the correct order would be, in this case for him, enter right base runway 05R number 2 traffic follow is on final and after that you give the clearence to him
  5. and if you want to leave the game it is good to warn the pilot so they know what to do (xxxx closing in 2 minute) would be a good warning for us to know if we will continue to do the pattern or landing full stop or even leave your airspace
    I will not write anymore because this message is getting very big, but apart from that the rest was ok, keep practicing, thank you for receiving us, remember a good pilot (ATC) always learns.
2 Likes

I agree with the first 4, my game crashed when you were in the pattern and when I got back in you had already landed. Thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.