MMLT Airport - Loreto, Mexico

If anyone is looking for a fun, smaller airfield in Mexico, let me suggest Loreto (MMLT). It’s one of my favorite airports because of the mix of mountains (making for interesting approaches/departures) and the surrounding turquoise blue water. It has daily service to LAX, Calgary, and several other destinations. Runway 34 is used most often due to the prevailing local wind patterns.

Instrument Procedures Here

(Source: mapio.net)

14 Likes

Cool! I might check it out today (:

14 Likes

wow, misha actually replying to a thread lol, anyways I might check it out too… thanks!

Very interesting! I will definitely look at it and fly or control there :)Thank you for the idea!

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Great route that is!

I think I’ve flown it before… not sure… 🤔🤩

3 Likes

That’s the route I’m doing now! Westjet 738

1 Like

Awesome. I love GA so I will try this!!!

🤩 Love it

That’s the way I love airports. The ocean, mountains, great views…

Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Heard @MishaCamp, @AdamCallow, @DeerCrusher, and @tomthetank on the Unicom frequency a bit back. Cheers for making the trip!

3 Likes

Ooh, this looked like an awesome airport. I unfortunately missed the chance to stop by today. I might fly there another day, looks like an awesome airport!

1 Like

Do the VOR DME 34 approach. Will require the use of both NAV 1 & 2, but a fun approach over the top over the top of the field. 💯 would recommend

1 Like

Loved the approach, great suggestion. Might even add it to my cool airports list.

1 Like

My photos from a recent runway 34 departure are below:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.