Missing Pão de Açucar

Dear Infinite flight players,
I have to say it is indeed a delightful thing to finally see the entire globe with the 15 meters resolution and I hugely thank the developers for such thing.
Today, as plenty of people did, I went to have a little flying over Brazil and attempted an approach at the challenging Santos Dumond.
However, when I got there I saw this.
Well, that made my approach way easier!

In conclusion this is only a funny thing I wanted to point out, not at all a request for having it fixed or a sort of a complaint. Just for a good laugh!

Have you all good flights!

10 Likes

Hey!

Just to be clear, is there supposed to be a mountain where there’s a trench? I’m not too familiar with the area so best to ask :)

6 Likes

Yes. It is a very known mountain, as it makes for a stunning approach!
Planes have to bank really sharply very close to the mountain and to the ground.
This works for runway 02R.
Have a look online at some of those approaches.

2 Likes

3 Likes

For example, this picture is taken from the mountain itself.
I belive this to be even more challenging than Kai Tak.

4 Likes

@schyllberg I can confirm the issue. There should be a mountain there.

4 Likes

And it is oddly specific there to be a hole in the exact place of where a famous mountain should be.

Sounds souspicious…

Just joking, of course!

1 Like

This is taken from the opposite side of the runway, the mountains shown should be on that depression we see in IF.

7 Likes

Thanks for the details!

There are indeed a few terrain elevation errors in rare places; those errors comes from the source data we use that are not always perfect. When better source become available, we will use them and issues like this should go away.

10 Likes

Thank you very much indeed for your help!

And by the way, if I may, why do the north and south areas of the glode not have any elevation?
For example, from Bergen going north everything becomes flat.

Thank you again.

1 Like

Check this blog post out, it answers your question in great detail.

4 Likes

Thank you very much sir!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.