Miracle On The Hudson 10 Year Anniversary

Hello
Today Is Jan 15 2019 which means it has been 10 years since the Miracle On The Hudson.
US Airways 1549 took off from @Dylan_M favorite LaGuardia Airport.Shortly after take off birds flew into the engine and the plane lose both engine and they didn’t have any thrust. Captain Sully decided that the plane was going in the Hudson. Captain Sully made an announcement saying brace for impact. The plane then landed in the Hudson.
Everyone onboard made it out safely.

Here’s a link to know everything about it

44 Likes

Respect to Sully for saving the 150+ lives onboard the aircraft. And of course for usage of piloting skills to perfectly land the plane! What a legend!

I personally remember seeing the A320 tied up in downtown a few days after the Miracle on the Hudson. I was amazed seeing the fuselage in a terrible state but the risks took were worth the damage no offense.

15 Likes

thank you sully and crew!

1 Like

Watch sully movie then…

2 Likes

BTW its on netflix tho

1 Like

I wonder what the landing FPM was on touchdown 😂

1 Like

Had to be low otherwise half the plane would be on the bottom of the hudson right now

3 Likes

Cos of gliding long

How on earth is this 10 years ago already! That’s flown by.

What an absolutely phenomenal piece of flying that was. Kept a cool head, used all his experience and saved an almost certain disaster.

Just brilliant

8 Likes

Wow, I have so much respect and admiration for Sully and the crew on board who saved those peoples lives.

2 Likes

Such a good movie, shows what happened after and what the investigation is like

1 Like

This right here was nothing short of a miracle. This 10 years went by so quick, even for me I was 6 at the time. My memory of it is still pretty good, and seeing it all over TV as I had a flight earlier that day Jan 15,2009

1 Like

My dad, who workes in NYC, witnessed Times Square lighting up with breaking news articles that day.

Thank you to Sully, and the rest of the crew that made all 155 live past that horrific accident.

4 Likes

I just remember in school hearing someone talk about a plane that landing in the Hudson River. I remember my former teacher turning on the news for us to watch. I was astonished. It is still hard, even ten years later, to figure out the numbers and chance of the success of this landing

2 Likes

No pun intended? Haha

4 Likes

My close friend’s grandfather was on that flight, it was a very stressful day for him at school when he was called up to the office to be told what happened.

2 Likes

Still remember seeing this on the news when it happened. Unbelievable feat that the crew of that plane pulled off. The sky is safer with crews like that of Cactus 1549.

1 Like

At the time I was in school but I remember coming out of school and seeing the plane sitting in the water from the Manhattan side and i remember it being a very cold day and my mom telling me the river was nearly frozen and that we had hoped everyone had made it it was truly a miracle

One of my favourites!! Writing about bravery and courage essay at school a while ago (and I chose this). top marks! btw on it

Wow, I did not even realize today was the day, time to go watch Sully!

2 Likes