Minneapolis to San Francisco in 10 replay screenshots

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

THE JOURNEY

Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport (MSP: KMSP) bound for San Francisco International Airport (SFO: KSFO) operated by Delta Airlines. They operate several flights on this route per day.

⌌⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊶⊷⊰

THE AIRCRAFT

The Airbus A321-211 was the 'craft of choice today. N318DX, a 2.5 year old short to medium range narrow body plane will be taking us over the U.S thanks to those 2 CFM International CFM56-5B3/P engines.

THE FLIGHT

Hello ladies and gentlemen, we would like to welcome you aboard this flight to San Francisco today on the expert server. On the flight deck we have myself Commander Helmethead and Co-pilot Jim Sutton. The attendants will be looking after you in the cabin today, spearheaded by head flight attendant Ellie Forsenko and her team. Flight time will be about three of half hours and we are expecting some strong headwinds along the way as we head over Nebraska, Denver, Utah, Nevada and finally making our approach into San Francisco. Therefore it is advised that your seat belt remains fastened when seated. I would like to invite you to kick back, chill out and listen to the absolutely beautiful track by Scott McKenzie - San Francisco. The track was released in the late 1960s and will set you up for a good mood during your stay or onward journey.

NOTES

Photos were taken in flight order, 1 being departure and 10 arrival. Time of day varied on some. Strong headwinds with an increased fuel burn and busy airspace nearing destination so extra care needed and attention to detail and ATC instructions on approach.

A BIG THANK YOU TO

A great job by @Julius97 on live ATC at KSFO. Much appreciated.

SCREENSHOTS

ONE FINAL THING

Good times.
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

21 Likes

Great photos mate!

1 Like

Nice! I like the PA announcement you wrote. What made you decide on the name Jim Sutton for the copilot?

1 Like

Thanks - I made the name up at the time of writing.

1 Like

Stunning pictures!

1 Like

Nice photos, but you took off from 4/22 at MSP. That runway is only for heavy 737s to Alaska and heavy 777s to Asia. :(

1 Like

Haha, fair enough. It’s the first time I’ve ever visited MSP at all so hopefully can be forgiven :-)

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you :-)

How do you do that, also the pictures are awesome.

1 Like

Thanks mun, it doesn’t take much. Nothing fake is added to them or taken away, just a slight alteration to contrast and sometimes tone, but that’s it. Brings out the best in the graphics that are available :-)

1 Like