Minimums... TO/GA!

Yep. A bad controller… or three! 😂

^Quote of the day? 👍🏻

2 Likes

Oh! Sorry. So at what point does a pilot decide if they need to go around? :)

Anytime during the approach the pilots can decide to go around whenever they feel its unsafe or for any other reason. Flying into an airport like London Heathrow they will tell you “expect late landing clearance” so you are ready for this. This would be a nice option in IF :)

2 Likes

Thanks! Was it correct to go around, because of the lack of landing clearance, at a height like 200 AGL? :)

This is why I always use the 24’s at LAX because hardly anyone ever uses them, when there’s 10 planes on the ground waiting for 25R there’s maybe one or two at 24L, and on the playground less landing traffic means less noobs to potentially ruin your approach/landing ;)

2 Likes

@htchngs what you described is exactly what happens every time if you want to fly by realistic rules etc, and avoid runway incursions etc, as I do. 99% of people just fly around with no regard and no idea. Unfortunately, I can’t handle having to ‘go around’ 16 times every flight as that’s obviously so unrealistic it’s just a sick joke. Advanced coverage is way way too thin so it’s no help.

For me, there’s definitely no Live subscription renewal happening when mine runs out.

2 Likes

Way, way, way, way, way… etc. too thin. 😂

2 Likes

I might try 24R next time, if weather and ATC permits :)

1 Like

Yes why everyone want to land on runway 25R or 25L and if I am tower and I say they most land on 24R or 24L.then they want lisstening to me. I want to be an advance controller then they lisstening to me

me too i dont like landing without a clearance. i have made 2-3 go arounds in a flying because that.

I love made a circling when airport is too busy to receive incoming planes, at KNUC sometime.

Actually I was completely wrong with my “minimums is only for visual reference”. Just had a discussion and its also for landing clearance, What minimums did you use if I can ask? Normal Cat I is 200 feet AGL.

There are terminals on both the North and South side of the airport.

1 Like

A Classic Post & learning vehical. Now if everyone would take the time and effort to provide well fleshed out examples of an unpleasant experience we would all benefit. Professionally done and responded to by all concerned.
Well done “Community”… GungHo (work together). Mad Max Sends

2 Likes

Yeah, I was using 200 feet AGL as minimums.

1 Like

This is why you should go to the Caribean region
1: because it’s less busy
2: I control there sometimes😄

By the way we all get bad ATC sometimes😢 there’s virtually nothing you can do about it apart from becoming one yourself😄

@Talkingribzz I have controlled a very busy KLAX on playground before, but I made sure that I cleared people to land. Sometimes you’ve got to prioritise landings over departures, I guess.

I’ll stick to flying for now though! ☺️✈️

1 Like

If Google reported on IF flights… 😂

1 Like

@htchngs luckily controlling in the Caribean is very stress free you can do it while watching TV (or in my case cooking 60 second rice in the microwave)😄

1 Like