Minimum device requirements

Before asking if you’re device is supported, please check the link in the post first.

39 Likes

Oh so so true… 4gb of ram… I think I’m good to go…

2 Likes

Thank you for finally raising the minimum requirements, because optimizing for older devices becomes complicated and time consuming. Hope this can help push out updates faster.

16 Likes

Thankfully my device was open GL es 3.10
:)

2 Likes

It is! It says OpenGL ES 3.0

3 Likes

It is not necessary in my opinion to say if you support OpenGL ES 3.0. If you can good for you.

5 Likes

Looks like I will have to upgrade from my iPad 1 :(

4 Likes

Absolutely agree with neeson52. If you listened to every single thing in this forum you’d go crazy trying to get it all done. Your a business and the truth is you do what you do and Some will follow and some won’t.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!
Quick question: How much hard disk space will the APP require once Global is up?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Here is a limited(!) list of Android devices I found on Wikipedia that should work:

11 Likes

For time number 12,587,349,210…storage is not the same as memory.

In case anyone ever wants to learn the difference:

https://soundsupport.biz/2012/05/06/whats-the-difference-between-computer-memory-ram-and-hard-drive-storage/

17 Likes

im still a little confused about the list , ive been looking but im totally getting lost, will the ipad mini 2 wifi be supported?

1 Like

How can you be confused by this?

26 Likes

I am pretty sure that I was looking at another page, but im happy that my device will work with infinite flight, very cool thankyou

1 Like

For those on android and having problems finding out if their phone can support global, then simply download this app :

And go over to System section. If you scroll down you should see “OpenGl” with the version next to it.

That list is old. Really old.

That’s why I said it’s a limited list. Any device newer than those should likely work.

In short - I think upping the minimum requirements to 1GB RAM and OpenGL ES 3 makes a TON of business sense and they should do it.

8 Likes

Ah np. Just saying some younger ones on here might have looked at the list and moaned that they’re s7 or s8 isn’t on there.

I’m just happy my phone is global ready.

2 Likes

Guys this isn’t rocket science. It’s either on the list or not. Obviously if it’s newer than you should be good. Not to mention you should know what your device is capable of.

6 Likes

With the response at this point in time it would make more sense to do so. Instead of keeping a large number of customers waiting for something because of a small group of people.

4 Likes