Miniatur Wunderland

I don’t know if anyone has seen this before but it looks amazing I hope to see it in real life!

23 Likes

That’s in Hamburg, Germany.
A part of it is the miniature airport called Knuffingen Airport. I’ve already seen the video, might have a look there in the case I make my way up there to Hamburg one day.

The Miniature Wonderland even has an own Google StreetView (you know it, taken by a minature camera on a minature car).

4 Likes

It’s worth taking a look at if you live near it

It’s part of a whole miniature world! It’s split in to sections like the Alps, America, Hamburg etc! Check out there website and they have all of the sections with pictures and features of each section

1 Like

I highly doubt 800 kilometres is near :(

2 Likes

I live in Hamburg, and I’ve been to it. I gotta say, the miniature airport is the most awesome feauture (The rest is also amazing, don’t get me wrong).

1 Like

I went last December and definitely worth visiting.

2 Likes

I’ve seen it, it’s an awesome mini airport.

1 Like

This is on my bucket list of places to go that are aviation related. Man I would like something like that in my basement at home!

2 Likes

Yes it would cost millions though unfortunately

I always wanted to see what model airports are all about. Thank you for posting this. Will have to find one near my location soon.

1 Like

Actually, it costs €5 Billion.

1 Like

I’ve been here before in real life, and even my mom (who hates anything to do with trains or aviation) was amazed.

1 Like

That’s a awful lot of money, I wonder how much they make from this attraction to be able to afford that as I doubt the owner is a billionaire

Tickets were $90 USD, and millions have visited. So, that gives you an idea.

1 Like

Many videos on their YouTube-Channel have english subtitles. The Gerrits Diary Videos are really interesting and some of them are showing how they build the airport and the planes. ``http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5F525544A3296EEB

1 Like

Where are you getting that figure from? The costs they put on their website are in the few millions, current construction costs including up to 2020 are quoted at €20 million.

1 Like

Sorry, I was thinking of something else. But, you have to keep maintenance, taxes, employmee payment, and electricity costs in mind.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.