Miniatur Wunderland Knuffingen, Hamburg, World's Largest Model Airport

I could watch these videos all day. Anyone been to see the model in person? (I checked and the other two of this topic were closed)

15 Likes

There’s another one but it’s a different video

3 Likes

Been there before. What a sight.

1 Like

I wish I could have seen it.

1 Like

That’s not the only thing there. There also happens to be a very large model railway. The airport is the main attraction though. A literal giant bee did a flyby, and an Emirates SkyCargo 777-200F did a vertical landing at the end of the runway.

3 Likes

I watched the videos, there’s also a port that uses real water, right?

1 Like

It’s more like a cruise ship model that runs around a body of water, but you could say that.

1 Like

Wish I could go there looks so good!

1 Like

I hope to get there sometime next year, just need an invitation for the ATC tests in Hamburg to have a reason to go to Hamburg 👀

2 Likes

Yes, It’s super cool, I saw it on YouTube a while back. It’s not just an airport, it’s an entire city!

2 Likes

I watch vids of that all the time I love watching it :)

1 Like

Anyone else see that EasyJet A320 drag its engines on the base of the model?

👋🏼 or the Concorde?

I have been there twice before. Really neat, as everything is automated, down to the luggage carousel in the terminal. It’s is a small part of a huge place, filled with model trains, boats, cars and even a few rockets. Super neat. If you ever could go, do not pass up on the chance.

3 Likes

I live in hamburg and was often there. I could go there every day

Love all of the videos on it! Planning on going someday!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.