Milestone in sight

I’m about to complete a milestone I never thought was possible on IF… I need 80 more landing to become a grade 5… I think this would be a huge accomplishment for me in less than two years… what you guys think?

10 Likes

Well done bro keep pushing 👊🏻

1 Like

I’d say do pattern work every day and you will get there in 1/2 weeks

2 Likes

Well done and hope to see you in the G5 club soon

1 Like

Half a week may be pushing it for 80 landings, but I agree, if you focus on doing patterns, it could be done.

For patterns: go and fly for the trainee ATCs - scan the ATC tracking threads. Win-win!

1 Like

Yea I try do at least ten a day

1 Like

Yea you there soon😁

I didn’t mean half, I ment 1 to 2 weeks :)

no i have been in it for a few years now lol

1 Like

A little early but congrats! Grade 5 isn’t easy to achieve but it means are and have been dedicated!

2 Likes

Well done!

1 Like

Using the TBM in EHAM in casual for 30 minutes is a good 20 landings at least. Good luck!

1 Like

Not at all. Did 70 landings once, which got me to G5. Not recommended though, since after 90 days they all be swept away but dedication and commitment can lead you far ;)

@Javaro_Davis, Good Luck on the remainder of the journey to cover till you reach G5. That will be a astonishing milestone to achieve :)

1 Like

That should of been see* you there

Thank you… true dedication

1 Like

Thank you so much it sure is👩‍⚕️👍

1 Like

Well done mate, and when you do achieve Grade 5, welcome to the club. I think I recall someone getting to Grade 5 in 6 months with no violations! He probably had too much time though and it’s a bit extreme.
Anyway great job and keep it up! Some people never get the grade.

1 Like

Good job and welcome, I remember when I met that milestone. But, that is half of the story now the issue becomes can you do enough landings to stay there. Just need to share, at one point I had two hundred over the required minimal. I found out the landing count does go down, especially if you don’t do touch and goes. My suggestion, find an airport with multiple runways (I found casual works best) and touch and go, touch and go, touch and go. One more thing spread the touch and goes out over a period of days so they all don’t disappear at the same time

1 Like

Good stuff thank you

Thank you bud