Might Fly Virgin Atlantic, What to expect?

So hi IFC, I’d like to ask you all a question
Some Context:
It’s looking like I might fly Virgin Atlantic In real life if we can afford and if the pandemic gets better in the UK, I might go.
It’s looking fairly well so far, so I would like to ask if you have ever flown Virgin Atlantic, what to expect on a 8 hour flight like BGI-LHR. Like a hot meal and stuff.

Virgin Atlantic is a very good airline my go to airline for flights. U get good meals I got meals in a flight to JFK worth the money for the product and the staff are proper nice and amazing

2 Likes

Thanks! Will note

Do you know about BAs Club World by any chance? I might fly it this summer if I have saved up by that time

1 Like

Naaa never been in Club world

1 Like

But expect like hot food and drinks the usual on a long haul economy watch like reviews on YouTube

1 Like

Honestly mate now that Thomas Cook and Norwegian are gone, Virgin Atlantic is your best bet

1 Like

thomas cook used to come here fromLGW

1 Like

Yeah I mean for the price and experience best I would say is Virgin Atlantic

1 Like

Just to note, i’m not sure in the UK but in the U.S hot meals and spefiic beverages are banned on flights because of covid (federal regulations). I would be really suprised if any airline globally was serving food because if a case tracked back to them that would hurt them.
I have flown 3 times since the start of covid and tbh you just sit there watch ur movie, look out the window and keep your mask on. Also no one rly goes to the bathroom from what I have noticed.

Also it would not be that smart to eat on the plane, especially for a long time period.

I cannot speak towards Virgin Atlantic but the info above is per your food question/comment/concern.

1 Like

Ok, but im expecting that the pandemic will get better this year but if it does im expecting food and stuff

The “pandemic getting better” is a very broad statement. It really depends on how you look at it, and what factors play in.

Food will not be on airplanes for a long time, I don’t know how long so I won’t say but there are so many questions that it’s more of a wait and see kind of thing.

I can tell you meals will definitely not be on planes this spring and most of summer. In the US children don’t get vaccines till around May or June so… also how does one know if you got one, will you have to show a recipt to an airline… no… but still. We will also be wearing masks for a while. Things like this don’t just go away quickly its going to continue to be a long process.

You should expect a small bag filled with a drink, cookies, crackers, and sanitizers. No matter the class of the cabin your in.

All US airlines operate as follows, I cannot say for airlines abroad but I would assume they would be doing the same and actually stricter.

I suggest checking out Youtube Videos of trip reports during covid. :)

1 Like

i guess we will need to bring this essentials, and masks because yes it wont go away like magic. You are right tho.

1 Like

The bag of snacks and other items applies to domestic and shorter flights for U.S. airlines. On long-haul and some international flights, they’re continuing service in all classes with hot meals.

I’d assume Virgin Atlantic on a long-haul route like London to Bridgetown will have hot meals available, no matter if it’s during or after the pandemic.

At the moment, Virgin Atlantic is offering hot meals in all classes.

https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/eu/en/on-the-flight/food-and-drink/food-and-drink-economy.html#experience

Hot meals are now being offered across all cabins, with economy and premium economy customers getting a choice of three main meals as well as cheese and biscuits and a dessert pot, all served in a “Fly safe, eat well” box. Upper Class passengers also get a choice of three meals, along with a dessert, cheese plate, crackers and ciabatta roll, served on a tray.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/09/02/virgin-atlantic-expands-inflight-food-and-beverage-offering/

1 Like

@Knellered and @Christopher_Coyne have tips

1 Like

First thing, no this is not true. Watch this, Hawaiian offers hot food in all classes

Any ways, I’ve never flew them, but I heard great stuff!

1 Like

Lmao alrighty then, must have changed in the last few weeks.

The US, mainline carriers domestically are not doing meals and very few are doing them internationally, the shlockhouse airlines (like hawaiian) are giving u tons of food cause they could care less.

**idc about all your links, @FlyIf_0011IFPA do what you think is right and safe for your family, I would check out some yt videos on trip reports where people have had meals and ones who haven’t and compare them. Also ask some friends maybe that have flew recently and see what they say. **

:ban irishion:

2 Likes

I’ve taken two flights with them, one A330 and one A340. Pleasant experiences. Their planes have a really nice vibe with the purple, a more open feeling. Pretty similar experience to Lufthansa. Feels more high-end than Delta, but Delta has this feeling of solidity about it which evens them out in my eyes. Better than United or Air Canada.

1 Like

if it’s a long haul, you get a bed in Club

1 Like

I flew Virgin Atlantic when I was a toddler. Then I grew up and flew Virgin America and it was awesome. I would expect virgin Atlantic to be good.

1 Like