Middle East | Region Tracking Topic

Middle East Region

This IFATC region represents the Middle East which is home to incredible high-altitude flying, remarkable views, and some of the most well-known HUBs in the world! Whether you’re admiring Turkey from above or beginning a journey out of fan-favorite Dubai, this region has something for you.

Check the topic comments below to see what frequencies are being staffed by ATC in this region, important airport information, and more!

STAFFED EVENTS

Do you want IFATC to staff your event? Publish your event in the #live:events category, ensure you use the correct region tag for your event’s location, and a member assigned to the ATC region will express their team’s intent to provide services for your event.

EVENTS:

FAQ

What are ATC region assignments?

The Infinite Flight ATC (IFATC) team operates globally on the Expert Server using a region assignment program. This program allows all IFATC members to select a region, regardless of physical location, where they may control any airport/frequency for which their rank qualifies. Members will remain in their assigned region for 30 days before being eligible to transfer. Extended assignments allow for more ATC proficiency and familiarity in the assigned region!

How can I join IFATC?

Head to our ATC Recruiting Topic, read all instructions, ensure you meet the requirements, then submit an application to begin!

How does a "Region Tracking Topic" work?

Each assignable region of IFATC has it’s own tracking topic for improved ATC/pilot engagement which offers controllers an additional location to indicate which airports they’re opening in real-time. Controllers may advise when opening and closing by commenting on this topic. Pilots should avoid commenting with excessive ATC requests.

How can I see the current IFATC region staffing?

The number of controllers assigned to each region can be found by visiting if-atc.com/stats. Looking for more ATC in a particular region? Join the effort and become part of the staffing you want to see!

Do I need Staff/Moderator permission to receive IFATC staffing at my event?

No, members of the assigned region are encouraged to comment directly on the published #live:events to express their team’s intent to provide ATC services! Event creators should avoid contacting individual controllers privately for service, instead publishing the event publicly.

How can I improve the likelihood of ATC staffing my event?

When creating an event with ATC in mind ensure the following:

• The featured airports have ATC frequencies
  • The featured airports has ample parking and ramp space
  • The featured theme would be complimented by ATC (airshows and landing competitions are often best without ATC on the Casual Server)
  • The event offers a variety of airports in reasonable proximity to allow for a smooth flow of Air Traffic
  • Event instructions are clear, concise, and not overly restrictive
How can I appeal my Level 2 or 3 Violation?

If reported by ATC on the Expert Server for an infraction you will be issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Violation. This may be appealed here on the Community Forum by sending a direct message to @appeals where you should provide your callsign, display name, location, details surrounding the report, and a replay file which can easily be uploaded here!

29 Likes

Welcome to the Middle East tracking thread , I’m one of the many controllers in this region, we are eager to have you and provide you with the service you desire !!

7 Likes

Looks epic! 😎

1 Like

ME FTW!!!
also, OJAI FTW!!!

3 Likes

I used to live in Jordan so once I become an expert IFATC, just know I’ll be controlling OJAI a lot.

3 Likes

Dubai International Airport (OMDB)

CLOSED

Really cool stuff, cant wait to see how this plays out in the long term!

1 Like

Thats very nice to hear! you are very welcome to join us and control OJAI!

5 Likes

OMDB Tower and Ground is open along with Radar services by @PlaneGeek.

Real world NOTAM in effect: 30R closed till 1700Z

image0

EDIT: Now closed

3 Likes

Interesting. So Istanbul, Turkey is part of the Middle Eastern region?

1 Like

Yes. Turkey is part of the middle east.

1 Like

I know but most of Istanbul is in Europe if Im correct. For example, if I was to make an event at Istanbul, would the event tag be for the middle east or eastern europe?

Eastern Thrace (the European part of Turkey that also contains part of Istanbul) is highlighted as a portion of the Middle Eastern region on the map as it’s generally considered to be part of Turkey. Thus, for the purposes of regions, Istanbul is located in the Middle East and you would use the #middle-east tag if you happened to create an event there. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thought so, just checking to make sure. Thanks for the help

OERK Tower & Ground frequencies are open

Wind is calm, perfect for flying patterns :)

Closed!

2 Likes

Hello welcome to our middle eastern tracking thread! (I know im late)
Make sure to use the middle-east tag in all events so that you can have it staffed!
Anyways, I’m now open at OJAI with tower and ground, feel free to stop by!

I am also in the way of becoming IFATC and will be pleased to serve at this region.

5 Likes

We’ll be happy to have you when you enter IFATC

3 Likes

LTFM local frequencies now CLOSED

Time : 8:15:00 PM9:30:00 PM

Northbound runways in use (34s, 35s and 36) currently per real world ops.

1 Like

Dubai International Airport (OMDB)

CLOSED, thanks everyone!

3 Likes