Microburst in infinite flight?

Well ive been flying in infinite flight for awhile now but never encountered microburst before. i flew from egbb heading to egll with no approach vectors so i set my descend AP altitude to 3000ft for my final approach to intercept the ils runway 27L,my airpeed was fine…suddenly my altitude dropped to 1700ft. the weather was bad but can it really be that we have had microburst along time ago in IF?

6 Likes

I never heard of a microburst in IF :)

2 Likes

For some who don’t know :)

6 Likes

Just was gonna post that…

1 Like

i wonder if somebody else experienced it also .it happened just a few minutes ago…

Have you already tried to reproduce this event using exactly the same parameters? Might be an idea…

im gonna do that just now 🙂

1 Like

You might want to say which device, plane, etc… in order for others to try, too.

im using iphone5s
B747-8 normal weight configuration
right base 27L 3000ft at 180knots

well i didnt encouter microsburst again but that wind blowing around egll is fierce…i nearly stalled at 3000ft 200knts…needed to throttle up and fly manually till touch down

1 Like

To scary to land with those winds 😱

I can’t say I’ve come across one. However one time while flying at 37000ft. There was a consistent 22knoy wind which was throwing me everywhere, and occasionally I’d be hit with turbulance in The form of a downdraft and I remember it pulling my plane down to 36400ft. But that’s the worst I’ve seen. Even in 47knot winds I have been able to land without any form of ‘Microbursts’

2 Likes

200knots on baseleg approaching ils intercept…in a 747-8 i normally land between 160-170knots

1 Like

well microburst is like a needle in a haystack…youre in a very bad luck if you happen to fly in one.

That’s pretty much wind “gusts” in IF. I wish they updated the wind.

1 Like

I’m aware that’s why I’m staying it was most likely not even close.

You might wanna fix that😉

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.