Miami Center Timelapse

Miami Center

Been a while hasn’t it? Over the past few weeks, I’ve continued to control, but I’ve taken a step back from some of my busier and more satisfying sessions and just enjoyed the art that is controlling. With increased responsibilities within the IFATC community, I’ve had less time to focus on controlling, but nonetheless, I couldn’t let this beautiful session go to waste! As usual, let’s start with the rundown of the session.

I was really ecstatic to see that, upon opening the frequency, many pilots had dispersed themselves amongst two STARs and two SIDs, making the session very easy and enjoyable. The majority of my controlling was managing speeds and making sure that aircraft turning north shortly after departure did not break separation with aircraft on STARs. The pilots were very good today, and the communications between my teammates were essential to the success of the session today.

KMIA Tower: @DiamondGaming4

KMIA Approach: @TheAviationGallery

Great work today, hope to tag again in the future!

Miami-Center

38 Likes

Look at them come and go…so beautiful

2 Likes

Great job on the video as always Shane! Keep up the great time-lapses!

3 Likes

Agreed 😍

Thanks for the continued support Joshua. ❤️

3 Likes

Beautiful timelaspe with the planes heading in and out of MIA. Quite busy whenever it is featured

1 Like

Indeed! Miami is always a fun one.😊

4 Likes

Good join KMIA Team!

2 Likes

Great work here! This is some super satisfying stuff. It’s important that even as we transition into roles that require increased leadership and responsibility, we keep our skills current and up to date. This is a great example of this!

Now this is a good reminder for me to hop on and get my controlling fix in some time soon :)

3 Likes

Lovely timelapse, Shane! I’m loving the nice line on final that I managed to get 😍

Lovely time-lapse - during what time frame was this?

1 Like

2000Z-2100Z.

1 Like

Ah ok - I just missed out on being featured then :(

1 Like

That’s cool. Well done

1 Like

No matter what, I’ve always valued the reason why I joined to start with, and I wouldn’t trade my controlling quality for anything. At the end of the day, controlling is what I love to do, and I wouldn’t mind tagging sometime to get you back into the groove of things. ;)

You did a stellar job Nicholas, keep up the great work!

Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Nice and satisfying video once again Shane! Looks like I’m your 50th sub!

1 Like

Wow i would probably go crazy with this, respect

1 Like

Very cool and great controlling as always. I made it in your video. 😀

1 Like

How do you control like that?! All those planes, I can’t even do that! Good job!

Rocco provided a great example:

In all seriousness though, all of us IFATC start from quiet airports, and then slowly move up to busier airports when we feel comfortable enough.

2 Likes

Wow lol I wonder how much times is broke is device lol