Mexico City to Chicago, aircraft?

Normally they use the 737 - 700 on this route but while I try to be a realistic I would like to fly the 787 - 8. Pretending like the certain circumstance isn’t going on right now, do you think there could be enough capacity and demand for this route that they could justify flying the 787?

3 Likes

Probably not if they usually operate the 737-700, if there was more demand for the route then they may increase the size of aircraft they use

1 Like

I know but I’m saying they may only be flying that aircraft right now because there is so little demand. Unfortunately the website i use only shows current or future flights

I think the demand if this circumstance wasn’t a thing would stay the same, sticking to a 737-700 or 737-800. Possibly as we transition into June-July they may start using the 787 as the Summer holiday demand starts to rise.

1 Like

Okay thank you. Is anyone interested in joining me tonight? I first want to fly from Mexico City to Chicago and then from Chicago to Delhi

1 Like

You should post in #live:groupflights, im sure someone will like to join you :)

1 Like

I assume you mean Aeromexico…

I don’t see why a 787 would be used. Flightconnections says that the Chicago route is operated by the 737 regardless of the circumstance. I unfortunately can’t join you in the flight so… Sorry!

Thanks again but honestly it’s just not worth it to post there. It takes like 15 to 20 minutes to make it and then no one’s I was up anyway half the time if not more

1 Like

AM only uses 787s in the US to KJFK and KLAX.

3 Likes

Is that a good website to look for flights in the past then? I wish I could find a site that had routes easily accessible from the past right now and the future

Right now I use flightsfrom.com

Check FR24, I just type in the route in this format - MEX-ORD, and it gives me all the info

1 Like

No but they are scheduled routes and most of them are listed as operating without negative circumstance.
Many websites have an option to look for past flights although because of what’s happening and their restrictions, many of them would barely work. Although Flightaware does show the most recent flight when you search the flight number.

1 Like

I think I saw on another topic that you have a subscription, even if you have the lowest one (idk which one you have) it should give you at least one month, and gold gives you a year.

I have silver and you can go back a couple of months to see what flights were operating, @Tyler_Barley this may be of interest, it costs $9 for a year

As a Chicagoan, I’ve never seen an AM788 come into Chicago. I’ve seen their 737s and 738s

I mean, really anything is possible right now. You could just keep no passengers and nearly full cargo, and make it a “cargo-only flight” which a lot of airlines are operating right now with passenger aircraft. For example, Avianca is flying their 788 from Bogota to Los Angeles, and then it continues onto Asia.

If you want to make it a passenger flight, I’d recommend the 737 but if you’d like to fly the 788 and need some sort of justification for it, make it a cargo-only flight :)

1 Like

Usually they use the 737-700 but right this moment because of the virus they are operating some Turkish Cargo on the 777L/F or the AERO UNION A300 and 767 which we unfortunately do not have. But personaly even though then are not using it right now I would use the 737. You can also take the 737 and airbus 320 sometimes to DFW and IAH.

1 Like

IRL Delta, Aeromexico fly 737-800 given the situation. I would say something like an A330 or wide body since I would think that route would be pretty popular if COVID wasn’t a thing. Hope this helps!

That could also be a United, maybe an A320.