Mexicana B737-800

After more than 13 years of ceasing operations, ‘Mexicana de Aviación’ is back. Now operating as ‘Aerolínea del Estado Mexicano,’ with the same logo and a fleet of Boeing 737-800 aircraft, it is expected to begin operations in the coming days.

Currently, two Boeing 737-800 aircraft formerly owned by the armed forces have been repainted with the new livery of Mexicana.

Aerolínea del Estado Mexicano S.A. de C.V. (Mexicana de Aviación) was established on June 15, 2023, as a Majority State-Owned Enterprise. Its purpose is to enhance the quality and coverage of air services, promoting connectivity in markets with demand, serving as an engine for national and international growth, development, and competitiveness.

Mexicana de Aviación is an airline that links regions in Mexico, fostering commercial, social, tourist, and cultural development. It facilitates the transportation of passengers and cargo to major cities and destinations across the country.

The current website is https://mexicana.gob.mx

Tremenda alegría me da saber que Mexicana de Aviación fue recuperada por el Gobierno de México. Esa aerolínea fue y ahora más que nunca seguirá siendo el orgullo de todos los mexicanos. Enhorabuena!!!

PD: muy bonito los colores de la livery, representando los de la bandera mexicana

2 Likes

I grew up seeing Mexicana all the time. I especially remember their 727’s and A320’s at SJC, and SFO a lot too.

Nice to see they’re back. But for how long is the question. Almost ALL Airlines that have since ceased and tried to come back have either failed miserably countless times (PAN AM), or never panned out into the major airline they intended to become again (the new Eastern Airlines).

However, that livery isn’t ideal, but it’s not bad. At least it’s not euro white boring.

1 Like

Pan Am tired to come back? I thought they just died and that was the end?

1 Like

People have tried to bring back PAN AM at least 3-5 different times. All have never even gone past the concept stage.

They could’ve done the livery way better, but it doesn’t look bad at all.

Very unfortunate though that it must now be related to politics.

Let’s see how this plays out!

I don’t get too much how it would be related other than a majority state-owned and a former armed forced aircraft.

Not kinda in that way. I’d say “controversies”

The first one will always be the first!💕

1 Like

Well, Today was the inaugural flight!

plain ahh livery, but I like it

Agreed, I’m happy that this airline is back

1 Like

I agreed to do that

1 Like

lovely livery

You have my vote! Regardless of how good the airline is, it’s still good to have more Mexican airlines and I will love to see that in the IF skies!