Mexican Air Force 737-800 Split Scimitar Winglets

About the Mexican Air Force

The Mexican Air Force ( FAM ; Spanish: Fuerza Aérea Mexicana ) is the primary aerial warfare service branch of the [Mexican Armed Forces]. It is a component of the Mexican Army and depends on the National Defense Secretary at SEDENA. The objective of the FAM is to defend the integrity, independence, and sovereignty of Mexico. Its auxiliary tasks include internal security, assisting with public works, and natural disaster management. Since December 2017, its commander is Miguel Enrique Vallín Osuna.

Recruitment

To enter any of the campuses of the Air Force, SEDENA convenes a competitive entrance examination which is held each year. The requirements are:

• Mexican citizenship and have no other nationality
  • Be the son of Mexican born parents
  • Minimum age of 15 years at December 31 of the year in course
  • Maximum age of 20 years at December 31 of the year in course
  • Have completed high school or equivalent
  • Minimum height of 1.65 m (5’-5”)

In order to be admitted to any school of the Mexican Air Force Academy mentioned above, the applicant should also perform the following tests: physical, medical, cultural, and aviation psychology. In some cases, the psychological aeromedical 2nd level examination may also be required.

Mexican Air Force Fleet:

35 - Pilatus PC-7 - Combat Aircraft
1 - Embraer E-99 - AWACS
2 - Embraer R-99 - Maritime Patrol
1 - King Air - Surveillance
3 - Metroliner IV - Reconnaissance
2 - Cessna Citation I - Surveillance
1 - Boeing 787 - VIP Transport
1 - Boeing 757 - VIP Transport
4 - Boeing 737 - Troop Transport
4 - C-27J Spartan - Troop Transport
8 - CASA C-295 - Troop Transport
3 - C-130 Hercules - Troop and Utility Transport
7 - Super King Air - Utility Transport
3 - Turbo Commander - VIP Transport
3 - Pilatus PC-6 - Utility Transport
18 - MD500 - Combat Helicopter
66 - Bell 206 - Utility
14 - Bell 407 - Utility
11 - Bell 412 - Utility
7 - Bell UH-1 - Utility
24 - Bell UH-1 - Combat Helicopter
19 - Mil Mi-17 - Utility
1 - Mil Mi-26 - Stored
11 - Eurocopter EC725 Search and Rescue
31 - Pilatus PC-7 - Trainer
1 - Pilatus PC-9 - Trainer
25 - Grob G 120TP - Basic Trainer
25 - SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 - Trainer
55 - T-6 Texan II - Trainer/Combat Aircraft
3 - Elbit Hermes 450 - Surveillance

NOTE
The requested aircraft has gray painted wings.

Source: https://sites.google.com/view/mxplanespotting/eduardo-perusquia-jr/fam/4294epj

This is a wonderful plane!

2 Likes

This is a beautiful livery, I love to see them flying over my home airport (MMMX), definitely I give this my vote

1 Like

Beautiful plane! Unfortunately I’m out of votes.

1 Like

I remember seeing this bird in Cozumel earlier over the summer. Out of votes though. Sorry…

1 Like

Nice feature request!

Also why did you include all the recruitment info for the Mexican Air Force - its not needed for this - the rest is fine (The basic info about the MAF and their fleet)

1 Like

I’ve never seen that before. Splits on a military 737. The Mexican government has swag. I wish I had votes though.

1 Like

I’m bumping this up, it’d be such a beutiful aircraft to fly on IF! What are your thoughts?

Really nice place

1 Like

Wow, why hadn’t I thought on looking for this feature, it’s simply an amazing plane! 🔥🇲🇽

1 Like

The thread was forgotten for 3 years, now it’s back, hopefully sometime soon we’ll get some votes :)

1 Like

Aeromexico 737-800 thread is almost 6 years old, don’t really expect them to add it…

Well, let’s not lose hope :)