METAR shows "No Weather" / Missing METARs at Global Map

There might be similar topics to this but, anyone knows what causes this? All airports are METARs except for LAX. I had my wifi on the entire flight, and the wifi didn’t crash during the flight.

2 Likes

What colour is your weather icon, you can find this in the tapping the circle in the top right hand corner when flying.

It shows green.

I’ve just had a look, the METAR is showing for me. The weather icon is also green.

Do you have any connectivity issues?

No, my wifi didn’t crashed at all through the current flight.

Also, this has happened in attempts of doing the BOS - LAX routes.

1 Like

Try restarting your device. You had this type of issue before

1 Like

This can happen from time to time. It will often resolve on its own with no action from you. Any number of things could be happening. The system could be updating or even the METAR reporting service had a glitch. Such the way of life when you obtain data from outside sources.

3 Likes

I’ve restarted a few times before, but it didn’t solve until the time hits around 10 minutes of the hour.

2 Likes

ok, i’ll see if it resolves itself, and i’ll let you know to close the topic.

1 Like

I had this issue in European airspace in IF over the past days, starting in Germany and now today In parts of France and Spain. Not sure what causes it, but as was said before it seems to solve itself with time. Also the flying experience itself still features the correct weather, so if you wish I would recommend to look up the weather via an external source (e.g. Flightradar24) in the meantime :)

2 Likes

I went to check if the KLAX METAR is back but it still says “No Weather”.

1 Like

So i just finished my flight, then i restarted the app, and the METAR is back on.

1 Like

Also, why does this happen, if anyone knows?

That has been happening to me two. Try using the clear scenery cache in settings.

I’ll try that now.

1 Like

I tried that but it didn’t do anyhting.

1 Like

I tried reinstalling then restarting my device, then I got this, with some missing METAR data at some airports.

1 Like