American Airlines has announced a new route and increases to existing routes.
Boston To London Heathrow (BOS-LHR)
- Operated with 777-200ER.
- In addition to four British Airways flights.
- This is a resumption from when AA used to operate the route a few years back.
Delta and joint venture partner Virgin Atlantic currently fly between Boston and London. AA will be going head on with this new frequency.
Miami to Lima, Peru
- Increase from 2x daily to 3x as of April 7, 2020, all operated with 757-200.
Miami to Santiago, Chile
- Increase 1x to 2x daily from winter 2020, operated with 777-200ER.
Miami to São Paulo, Brazil
- Increase from 2x daily to 3x daily from winter 2020, additional frequency operated with 777-200ER.
- This is obviously in response to Delta pulling LATAM away from American Airlines. AA remains dedicated to being the largest U.S. airline that flies to Latin/South America.
- AA will announce more seasonal extensions to Europe in addition to these.
What are your thoughts on this? It seems like AA is playing aggressively here, really pushing on Delta at Boston and South America.