Messages from atc are automatically translated into the user's language.

I would like everyone’s attention for this my request. It would be very interesting if the messages were automatically translated into the language of the user being simulated. For many have no knowledge of English and end up being punished for that reason. I do not think it would be so difficult to bring to the infinite flight.
I am open to criticism and suggestions for improvement. Thank you.

Your vote will be very interesting.

Great idea! One thing I’m wondering: Why would our votes be interesting? XD

10 Likes

I don’t know if this would work due to issues with Apple involving Siri. Maybe this could happen but I don’t know

2 Likes

TBH I thought this already happened, personaly I dont care enough to spare a vote, but they need to work on this!

2 Likes

This is a great idea. Volunteers could do the translation (this happens in a lot of apps). Since all the messages are predefined the task would be pretty straightforward.

3 Likes

Please not… In aviation the standard language is Inglish so lets keep it that way.

32 Likes

@Mell_Ijzerman Can you expand upon why it wouldn’t be good for IF? Personally I think this needs to happen, but I don’t have the votes available to help with getting it approved, sorry.

Hi. I think he is entitled to request for the feature. Let’s not be unsupportive and keep this community negativity free. You could have rephrased your sentence better. :)

2 Likes

Great idea! I would vote but Im English so there’s no point

@AsternAviation For me this isnt a game but a simulator and for me it would be any good to talk dutch in a simulator. 👍🏼

@SterlingArcher this is only my tought about the feature. I think im allowed to give my opinion. :)

1 Like

You certainly are. I’m a big proponent of free speech. Just saying that you can elaborate on why you don’t think this feature should be added. English is universally used in the aviation industry it’s true, but there are definitely non-English speakers out there so this might definitely help them out. I just don’t want it to come off in a condescending way that’s all. Now that I’ve made an argument for myself, I’m gonna go ahead and vote for this lol

3 Likes

Yes and no. Because in aviation, English reigns. Maybe in French airspaces we could have an option for french phrases and any other country in their own languages. But I am not fan of this feature, that’s not a bad idea, but i don’t really support it, sorry :)

2 Likes

I agree. With the universal language of atc to be in english it wouldnt really be a Sim and more of a “accomidating trainer” while some places use their own language, as seen even with JapanAir123 where the CVR & some atc communications were in another language. The downright overall feeling/opinion to me is to make it as realistic as possible. I believe laura also speaks french and if this were an idea of theirs, it may have been implamented early in development. Although back to my point as the universal language of english it may be alot better in my opinion to keep it in english and maybe have anyone else use rosetta stone or some sort of translation software to help void the gaps for real world purposes. Im not trying to downtalk anyone, their language, or the topic, just sharing my opinion on this matter as we already have a year of grocery lists worth of things we all want done for features/updates/reworks.

3 Likes

I agree with the above statement, to reflect on real world aviation, all pilots are required to speak English set by international standards.

4 Likes

You could learn English in the game why not?
If you don’t understand then translate and learn from it. That’s it, problem solved

1 Like

What i would say is that the official language of aviation is English. All communication due to safety reasons etc. should be held in it. So if we are striving for realism in the sim, why would we break that rule?

On the other hand, it will help with people who struggle to understand ATC commands (TS1)

1 Like

You aren’t getting a Google translator included in the game. @Allen_Lu

I get it but see In most major airports English is the general language…but in small regional airport where regional aircrafts or small charter planes fly I believe they converse both in local and in English language…so I personally feel it’s not a bad opinion.

Just gave in a vote I think it’s a great request for those who have difficulty in understanding English.

1 Like

I think it’s a great request I voted butt on the other hand they should know english most countries are taught english

1 Like