Message to devs: Heavy under-representation of Chinese fleets

Again, How are you so sure about this? That’s a huge bias against Chinese I must say. In various Chinese IF forums I see players using devices which are among the top of the Device compatibility thread.

Also, your “actual data” of player distribution is, unfortunately, inaccurate, as very few people visit infiniteflight.com in China, let alone finishing the navigraph survey. After all, It’s the money for purchase and subscription that goes into the devs’ pocket for them to feed their families, not social media accounts right? As long as there are people who purchased or subscribed, they need to be counted as customers, regardless of whether they visit if. com or have an IFC account.

Simple question to answer, take a look at those replies:

3 Likes

Its public knowledge… in reference to wage. And congratulations you’ve given me exactly my point, the only people you see are those with high end devices so the actual expected market is not nearly as large. Right but saying they have there own forum without actually mentioning what magical forum you are speaking of, is not helpful

Just to name a few, those magical forums are: tieba.baidu.com which is like the IFC, bilibili.com which is similar to youtube, and a recently founded aviation24.net which is created by some fellow Chinese IFC members.

Besides, not everyone in your country uses a high-end device, right?

3 Likes

Yes, but china has a very low average wage, im talking $15,000/year (AUD) so a phone at all is not a priority for most people let alone a $100/year subscription

1 Like

Honestly, you don’t need a very high-end device to run IF (unless you pursue extreme graphic). I personally uses iPhone 6SP, which now only costs 1099 yuan (about $230AUD).

If you’ve been in China once, you’ll find how ridiculous this point is.

4 Likes

Your not using any actual data so stop being hypocritical. You’re just assuming stuff without looking at figures

1 Like

What exactly am I assuming? Google exists in reference to wages you know?

I think he is trying to get at how you mentioned a phone is not a priority for those living in China- it’s quite the opposite actually if you’ve ever been there.

1 Like

Well things are going off topic here … I think we should stop for a while or this will be closed

2 Likes

Hi all! I will first direct everyone reading this to the topic about B757 liveries. It also applies to all our aircraft, in particular the newer ones where we have paid more attention to livery diversity. You can find it here:

Whilst I have everyone’s attention, I’ll happily answer a few queries brought up here:

1. The airlines people fly the most are the most common airlines you will see added again. Most of our users are from North America, so we actually hugely over-represent the rest of the world in our livery diversity despite this.

2. Yes, I agree we could have more Chinese liveries. This is something that has been discussed before. However, we have quite a few Chinese airlines already, just not with many variants of the aircraft they fly. The CRJ has a good example of a Chinese airline that no-one flies, but we added after a call for diversity. The B757 will have 2 Chinese airlines represented to help boost this.

3. We have many Chinese liveries in comparison to other countries. There is more underrepresentation of nations in South America and Africa, with many countries not having an airline represented at all. We want to represent:

• a) Our core user base
  • b) As many nations as possible

As always, thanks for the feedback and we will take it on board!

35 Likes