Memories of defunct airlines

This is a topic for people who flew on defunct or no longer existent airlines

Example: AirTran??? KATL-KMCO

6 Likes

My dad was on a TWA flight when the goverment approved the merger with American. He remembers the announcment when landing being something along the lines of “On behalf of TWA, and now American Airlines, welcome to…”

He also flew an Ozark DC8 to Orlando way back then.

9 Likes

ATA was literally my favorite airline, my parents would always use them for family vacations.

1 Like

The first time i flew on a plane was on the infamous adam air from SUB to CGK

3 Likes

I often flown Mandala Air (Before being rebranded to Tigerair and later defunct) when I was a child. Sad they ended up in such fate 😭

7 Likes

PGUM-PHNL on a DC10 from the old Continental Airlines

4 Likes

My love for aviation came from flying on the old Continental 738s. Miss that airline sm 😪

4 Likes

Monarch A321 Birmingham to Palma

1 Like

Used to fly on Kingfisher a LOT when I was little. @david_hartono_S how was Adam Air? Was it scary lol?

4 Likes

I used to fly northwest a ton, back when the dominated the Midwest market. I’m starting to miss them more and more, as delta withdraws all the special routes and planes from MSP and even DTW

2 Likes

Well im still a two year old so i dont know :)

1 Like

Back before I moved to Hawaii, whenever we would visit we would fly Aloha. Good memories. I also already miss Island Air, turboprops are neat…

2 Likes

Adam Air and Batavia air. I can’t remember anymore details

1 Like

That A319… I know it… First time i flew with an a319 was with batavia air…

1 Like

#airberlin4ever

9 Likes

Monarch in the U.K. was a good airline, good prices and great people.

2 Likes

Many many flights on airberlin for me, the last one only 2 months before they announced bankruptcy (and I was close to booking a seat on the final flight 👀) well, now I have a cabin trolley and a box of chocolate hearts 🤣

5 Likes

I flew Northwest (CRJ200, RJ85, DC9, A320) many times from about 2002 until the merger with Delta. I still love looking at pictures of Northwest aircraft.

3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Flew with the old Olympic Airlines very often (B737, DH8A). Was a good airline.