Melbourne - Hong Kong | Cathay A350 | IFATC at Home

Today I would like to share some clicks from the Melbourne to Hong Kong flight we flew yesterday; taking full advantage of the ATC provided at YMML as part of ‘IFATC at Home’.

The flight was approximately nine hours long, and some of the attendees included the likes of @ran, @Jennifer23 (she flew out from Adelaide to meet us at Hong Kong), @Axeno, and of course @Anthony_Vo!

Cue the shots…

^ The squad descended upon the very windy Melbourne Airport.

^ Waiting for our turn to depart as @Declan_O tries to get us up in the air with his Ground/Tower frequencies.

^ And we’re up! We leave behind metropolitan Melbourne, which is currently experiencing a second wave of COVID-19.

^ Of course no flight out of Australia is complete without a picture of the outback!

^ After a few hours, we say goodbye to Australia as we fly over Darwin in the Northern Territory.

^ Another few hours passed us by, where @ran got some much-needed sleep, and before we knew it, we were over Hong Kong!

^ On final, Runway 25L.

^ Let’s say it was a ‘firm’ landing…

^ Excuse our choice of parking location.

I hope you liked these photos, and are able to join us next time!

53 Likes

Glad to be apart of your journey to Hong Kong. Looked like an awesome flight, with some beautiful pictures to follow.

5 Likes

Amazing pictures !!

2 Likes

Some great pictures!

1 Like

Amazing! The only word to describe these photos! You should do more of these!

1 Like

I’m the Singapore 218 in the pic! Sq218 departs at night time so couldn’t see much but looked fun! Great pictures!

3 Likes

These photos are amazing!

1 Like

Thank you so much! It was great fun to depart out of Melbourne especially with the ATC.

1 Like

Beautiful unique shots right there, perhaps I’ll tag along on the next flight! 👌🏻

1 Like

I love group flight pictures like these! Very nice job on this!

1 Like

Really good pictures & an awesome flight! Thank you @PocketRishi for inviting us to fly with you, & thank you to @Declan_O for the great ATC at YMML :)

2 Likes

Great pics, wish I could have joined. Did a 13 hour Newark to Capetown with 5 others. Will watch for the next one.

1 Like

Sounds like you must’ve had a very scenic landing down in Cape Town! Thank you glad you liked the pics!

1 Like

These shots are just amazing!

1 Like

Thank you @Qantas094! :)

2 Likes

That one 777 in the last photo tho XD

Amazing shots, and it was great to participate in the flight!

1 Like

Nope that was an A330 actually.

1 Like

Oh lol I didn’t realise

1 Like

haha no worries. It does look like a 777 though

1 Like