Meet the first private passenger.. Whose going to the Moon!

SpaceX announced the passenger who will be flying on their BFR!

SpaceX BFR or known as the “Big Falcon Rocket” has it’s first confirmed passenger to the Moon. Japanese Citizen Yusaku Maezawa, a Japanese billionaire and founder of Zozotown, Japan’s largest online clothing retailer, will be the first private customer to ride around the Moon on the company’s future massive rocket, the Big Falcon Rocket (BFR). Maezawa plans to fly on the trip as early as 2023, and he wants to take artists with him to turn the entire ride into an art project called #dearMoon.

“Finally, I can tell you that I choose to go to the Moon! I choose to go to the moon with artists!” Maezawa said to announce his trip at a SpaceX event.

Musk said that Maezawa actually came to SpaceX with the idea to do this flight. The billionaire declined to say how much he paid for the flight, but the trip will be free for the artists who go with him. Musk also noted that the down payment Maezawa made was significant enough that it will “have a material effect on paying for cost and development of BFR.”

7 Likes

Wow! I’m really curious how much he paid for it…

Me too! Time start saving up lol

1 Like

With the way Musk has been acting recently, I’m not sure you could pay me to drive or much more fly on one of his inventions! Call me a negative, but I would wager this project fails if Mr Musk stays in charge.

I think he’s making history a lot of doubters but he’s done something that no one else has done - Privatize space. I don’t think we’re going see him leave SpaceX for a long time.

1 Like

He is indeed making history, no argument there. He is also the CEO of the most highly funded private business by the US government. Anyone that receives that much funding should be able to have the smarts enough to higher extremely intelligent engineers and create what his company has created.

In which ways has Musk been acting negatively? He’s working really hard on Tesla and SpaceX. I might be biased as my family owns a Tesla, but you shouldn’t just blame one person on their behavior and affect the whole company. Other people lead Tesla, not just Musk. I can infer that you are referring to his recent “incident” with Joe Rogan, I don’t really think that will affect his mental capacity. He very well knows his limits and is under extreme pressure. Plus, he’s put most of his money on the line. Just putting my thoughts onto the table ;)

1 Like

No, his marijuana incident is not to which I am speaking. I’m speaking of his crazy acts as far as trading has been concerned here recently. His unsubstantiated claim that a rescue diver is a pedo because the diver criticized his mini sub idea as a PR stunt (to which it was.) As well as the stories about the way employees are treated in his company. I’m not throwing blame, just stating my opinion as you have done. It seems that he is going off the rails, but since you mentioned his Rogan moment maybe we see what has led to his crazy actions prior that interview. :)

1 Like

Here’s an article that speaks of his funding and makes some great points. https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html%3FoutputType=amp

Again I stress, he has done some amazing things, history in the making as has been stated. It just seems to me possibly his focus is a little off and he is detailing himself and his company.

1 Like

I bet the moon looks different as being a passenger. I feel like flying as a passenger looking put the window is different then a pilot looking out the window

1 Like

Now the comments about the diver was totally uncool completely agree with you but also rich people say stupid things all the time.
Not sure about the Employees situation though

Watching Elon Musk speak just now gave me social anxiety.

“Lots of room for food and water for a higher possibility of recovery” yep…I’ll stick with the sim. Not even I’m that brave.

My goodness I am so glad Tim Dodd answered a real question instead of stupid price question. I wanted to hear why the engine config was changed to 7 sea level engines. Interesting that the cargo pallets can hold Sea Level engines and get the payload to TMI much higher.

And holy cow a chamber pressure of 300atm, putting the RS-25 to shame. However, the ISP of the Raptor is not as high as the RS-25, so the Space Shuttle still has the advantage of being the best rocket engine ever made.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.