MD-11F Engine Run-Up @ KONT

Hey all! Welcome to another spotting topic, for Spring Break, i’m visiting SoCal for personal reasons (not bad in any way) but also for a bit of plane spotting! This weekend and next week, I’ll be spotting at KONT, KLAX, and just possibly KSNA. On the way to one of my families houses, I took a stop at KONT not expecting much more then a couple Southwest arrivals. It is a Saturday so cargo operations are limited. Wait and see 👀

A nice landing by this C172 from Thermal! 🔥

One of the Southwest 737-800’s arriving on 26R from Phoenix 🏜

The special spool-up, these 2 UPS maintenance pilots taxi over to my location of taxiway tango!

I heard on the ATC tower radio to taxi over to the “family” in the purple car near taxiway tango. I found it amusing to here a reference to me on a live airport radio.

AndrewWu type beat 😎

The co-pilot on his phone looking like a 75 year old Sam Chui 👀

The 3 powerful and loud P&W PW 4460 engines at full power! 💪

Here’s a little video I recently uploaded to YouTube of the entire event. Definitely not the same feeling as it is in real life when you’re standing 200ft away from the classic beast.

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube

50 Likes

My ears hurt now :(

Nice shots!

4 Likes

lol same, but that’s very cool.

2 Likes

Wow I KONT believe you took these, they’re so good!

5 Likes

my disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

1 Like

Oatmeal type beat

1 Like

Steppin’ awfully close to some territory there 😑
Lol cool pictures. Too bad there weren’t any 744s or 748s operating. Usually have a lot

1 Like

Yea, I’ll be heading back Wednesday on the way back. Since it’ll be a week day, hopefully we get more heavy traffic!

1 Like

Yeah you should. All depends on the schedules. With ONT it seems only some flights are scheduled everyday at the same time. Others just show up whenever 😂

1 Like

Clear shots of the MD-11F, portions of wings and taxiways are visible in the reflection from the fuselage… nice photos!

1 Like

This is my home airport! Love seeing more people recognizing it

1 Like

Ontario’s a great airport to spot from! I plan on going to SNA or ONT tomorrow. Seems like the cargo traffic at ONT won’t be active.

Haha that’s funny. I fly out of SNA tomorrow and back

1 Like

What times?

1 Like

I leave first flights of the morning at 6:45 (7:00am departure) and land back at SNA at 11:10am

I can catch your arrival probably 👀

Lol that’d be funny

1 Like

Great pictures!
If only you went spotting today, you would have seen me!

1 Like

I’m headed to ONT tomorrow instead since there will be more cargo heavy traffic, enjoy the flight back though!

Alright no problem lol

1 Like