MD-11F Cargo Door

With the MD-11F development being confirmed following the release of the C-130, I thought it would be cool to have an opening cargo door put into the aircraft. Since the C-130 has an opening cargo bay, I’m sure this would be feasible!

35 Likes

Kinda neat.

If they add this though I’d also like to see a randomly opening rear cargo door on the DC10. For realism.

11 Likes

I hope they make all the future aircraft interactive. MD-11F/DC-10 with their doors, and the KC-10 with the boom extender!

3 Likes

i can already see nimrods having the door open at 32,000 ft

18 Likes

Then they’d need to update the fighters too. Good thinking!

2 Likes

Master Warning: Loss of cabin pressure.

1 Like

Lol then they can limit it to only being open at the apron/ 0kt speed.

2 Likes

easy! turn your volume off and no problem!

3 Likes

that will be another project ;)

1 Like

Just like the Sofia, the door only opens at like 40k feet. They can put similar measures to let it open below 1kts.

2 Likes

And the VC25. It had ATA Refueling too!

2 Likes

Yes… that would be awesome to put a cargo door on the
MD-11F we need to get as creative as we can

1 Like

Maybe we can get an IF livery cargo aircraft. MD-11F makes for a good one! We can pretend to deliver server and computer hardware to FDS HQ in San Fransisco (if its even located there, not sure).

2 Likes

The latest flight cast live seemed to have confirmed this :) I can’t wait! #md11hype

8 Likes

Ain’t bad idea, will make the plane even more realistic!

1 Like

I feel like we should make these requests after the MD’s and DC’s are released, for all we know they already plan to have this ;)

1 Like

This is a must have for any cargo plane.

1 Like

Why would you request something after they’re released? And then wait a whole year just for the feature to get added, when you could’ve requested it before and got it out the way?

2 Likes

Because what good would it be to request something they’ve already added onto the aircraft? I don’t know, I’m just a little tired today…

1 Like

What harm is there in a feature request? If they’ve already done it (unannounced to the public) and it gets requested, it only provides them with feedback about where to take the sim.