MD-10/DC-10 (Orbis flying eye hospital)

Hi all!

So I had an idea for a new livery on the MD-11.

I’m not sure if it’s even possible regarding copyright issues but if you’ve ever heard of Orbis (otherwise known as the flying eye hospital), you’ll know some of the great work that they do across the world, flying to some of the most remote places in the world and providing surgery or other methods to bring back eyesight to some of the poorest people on the planet, all for free and run by a massive team of volunteer pilots, cabin crew, ground staff and engineers, and lest not forget the eye surgeons. The pilots are often Fed-Ex pilots as they have type ratings for the DC-10/MD-11 and they volunteer fly for Orbis around their own flying operations at Fed-Ex or whichever company they work for.

I think out of recognition, of the truly dedicated and hard work that the Orbis team do, there should be an option for the Orbis livery on the MD-11.

I’ve enclosed a photo of their plane, along with the livery.

© - Orbis

© - Runway Girl

If you want to find out more about this amazing organisation and find out some facts about the aircraft; just click on the link below!

So, if anyone agrees and thinks it’s a good idea, or, has other views: drop your thoughts down in the comments below - I would love to know what you guys think! Also, if anyone knows an in-game developer it would be great if you could tag them!

Please Note - This is not endored at all by Orbis, nor is it affiliated with them, and this is NOT part of a fundraising campaign. This topic has also been approved prior to posting by @MishaCamp.

Don’t forget to vote for your own feature

1 Like

Very nice livery, I’m out of the vote but I can support🤘

1 Like

Haha didn’t even know that was a thing!

oo appreciate the support! :)

1 Like

Only one picture allowed tho

1 Like

oh is there?

I don’t know - I sent screenshots of my draft to Misha and he said it looked good…?

It says:

Oh fair enough

Hey man, the orbis flying hospital is a DC-10

Yes it’s a DC-10, but the cockpit is an MD-11 cockpit.

It got refurbished a few years ago.

sorry i didn’t know what to put it under bc it’s kinda a mix of the two 🤷‍♂️

Well but in the end the aircraft is a DC-10.
Don’t make it too complicated …

hahaha yaa i’ll try not too 😂