McDonnell Douglas MD80 Family ( MD-80 )

I would definitely do American DFW-JAX Actually flew on this flight back in 2018 right before they were retired

3 Likes

😍

2 Likes

This aircraft is so underrated 😢

Such an iconic aircraft should be on the sim!

8 Likes

The Silver Aeromexico looks better on the MD-80 than on the 757 just my opinion

4 Likes

I agree ☝️

4 Likes

Are you talking about the A220 or the cool plane?

1 Like

obviously the not-trash plane

1 Like

the cool plane

2 Likes

would still love to fly the MD-80 in one of their largest operators’ livery, Aeronaves TSM

(i just really despite historical liveries and former operators’ aircrafts, but heck do i love classic aircraft that still fly today)

i could probably make a list of all the beautiful MD-80 liveries that still fly today, and that should 100% have priority over historical liveries

6 Likes

And that’s where ur wrong

1 Like

Yeah, ngl I would so much rather fly a American Airlines or Alitalia MD-80 then be stuck with a bunch of Venezuelan or Iranian carriers I’ve never heard of that fly a combined ten routes 🤷‍♂️

Yes, the Cargo MD-80 are both cool and hilarious looking but I don’t think the average IF player could name two operators of the freighter version and as we see now with the E-Jets/A220 there would be a massive riot if there were few to no classic livery’s…

Anyway that’s just my two cents, rant over lol

2 Likes

Im glad to see this is getting more votes. Its been stagnant for a while

1 Like

@feitidede has a point though…

Do a combination of both current and former operators. With ones like AA or Delta being mixed in with maybe World Atlantic or Aeronaves TSM. Both historical and current liveries should have priority, because like mentioned earlier you can’t have the MD-80 and not have a livery like AA. But then again if realism is the goal you’d need to have current operators too, like TSM, Everts Air Cargo, World Atlantic, etc.

I hope that makes some sense…

4 Likes

Realistic doesn’t necessairly mean “currently in operation” 😉

3 Likes

my point is, if we are going to have former operators at least let us fly all the current operators too, and have a few of the most requested former liveries. i dont want to be prevented from realistically flying a real route just so that we can have more former historical liveries

for so many times have i not flown a real route just because the correct livery was not in the game, even tho that same aircraft had a ton of historical liveries, thats what annoys me the most

1 Like

Rocketing outta Innsbruck!

6 Likes

Small bump for the Super 80

5 Likes

It’s been quite a while since this feature topic has last been active, so here’s a bump for the Super 80

2 Likes

I flew on an Austral MD-83 to MDQ when I was younger. Andes Líneas Aéreas was also the last MD-83 operator in South America, so their livery should also be considered.
Would love to see this aircraft added to the IF fleet.

2 Likes

I’m bumping this. The mad dog needs more attention!

8 Likes