McDonnell Douglas MD80 Family ( MD-80 )

Nothing beats the sound of the roaring JT8D.

3 Likes

JT8Ds are the best

PW1500Gs don’t even sound 🤣

1 Like

The MD-80 series was one of the most popular airliners to grace the skies. It was the workhorse for airlines like AA, TWA, and Delta for decades. It still serves with airlines like Everts Air Alaska and World Atlantic as well.

And don’t think that only US operators operated the MD-80, there are plenty of airlines that fly the MD-80. ATAirlines of Iran, Venezuela’s LASER Airlines, Aeronaves TSM, and Dana Air. Just a few of the many airlines that still operate the MD-80, and all airlines that have no representation in IF. And these same airlines (and many more) wouldn’t get any representation and continue to go unnoticed in IF if we get a plane like the A220, 737 MAX, or A320neo.

With everyone talking about wanting diversity with liveries, and wanting a narrowbody/short-haul aircraft, don’t you think it’s time to change things up, and get a retro narrowbody? Right now, IF is filled with planes with live glass cockpits, but only one has an analog cockpit (and nobody flies it because it’s not an airliner). Don’t you think it’s time to try and fly a new type of plane? One that’s retro, a narrowbody, and has rear-engines? The MD-80 could open up so many doors for new flights with new airlines that aren’t in IF at the moment, and the MD-80 is unlike any aircraft we have in IF at the moment.

It’s the perfect choice, vote MD-80.

4 Likes

Andes Líneas Aéreas in Argentina also operates the MD-83.
lv-wgn-andes-lneas-areas-mcdonnell-douglas-md-83-dc-9-83_PlanespottersNet_1022929_9fd3372ea9_280

2 Likes

Another airline that has zero representation in IF and another airline that we could (and should) receive if/when the MD-80 is added.

You don’t get these airlines with the 737 MAX or A220 do you?

3 Likes

I fully agree on thag statement. Andes is a commercial and charter airline, so it has a lot of great routes.

2 Likes

Military is also severely underrated, but that’s another story

1 Like

#addthemd80family should become a mainstream tag in here.

3 Likes

Currently no airliner in the sim can do this

2 Likes

Technically we have the C-130, but it’s a turboprop, and a large majority of IF’s player base doesn’t fly it since it’s not an airliner.

Having a jet airliner that could do a powerback would be awesome!

1 Like

bruh

1 Like

I can’t read, ok?

2 Likes

fair enough

1 Like

I like how they call the A220 engines “powerful”. XD

2 Likes

And in reality they both sound wimpy and actually are wimpy compared to JT8D’s (or any other jet engine used between the 50’s and the 90’s).

2 Likes

Would you rather have a quiet generic and boring regional-ish jet with big windows and good pressurization which are useless in a flight simulator or a unique loud and very cool MD-80 with screaming JT8Ds that can powerback itself and is loved by many? I think the answer is obvious…

EDIT: 1000th reply lol

1 Like

Though I’m not really a classic airliner lover, this is a must have! Changed the aviation industry for the better, with many airlines. Creating a good reputation by the public and avgeeks.

2 Likes

They’re actually just as powerful as the JT8D-200s that power the MD-80 family, but you know the way technology goes. It lacks all the drama that makes takeoffs a sensation.

2 Likes

The noise make them seem much more powerful. Also look to all those rocket takeoffs

2 Likes

We have just gained 280 votes! Thank you everyone for your support to get this legendary aircraft in IF!

Nest stop, 290!

5 Likes