McDonnell Douglas DC10-F

Thought I’d give the above aircraft ago, what decent flying experience, powerful steep incline and steep controllable decent and low speeds with great range, anyone else have a view on this aircraft.

2 Likes

Not fully sure what you’re asking for here, but I’ll provide these links.

2 Likes

I think he’s just asking for opinions from those that flew the DC10F, possibly applicable to MD11 and the like.

1 Like

Yes it’s exactly that, after other people’s views on this aircraft, seems most just fly Boeing or Airbus and McDonnell’s gets over looked.

I always fly modern jet airliner flights, so the only time I’m ever really found in a DC-10/MD-11 is flying for the common Lufthansa, FedEx, and UPS… Well now Lufthansa’a out.

1 Like

Bruh McDonnell’s are my favourite! Better than Airbus and Boeing! Wish they can start those vintage type aircraft again

1 Like

I see you’re another classic aircraft fan, in that case I’ll give my two cents:

I quite like classic aircraft, but as you said these are often overlooked by the community. As for the MD11, I like how overpowered it is, plus it’s a unique aircraft to fly given its sensitivity and high approach speeds. Before working instruments were a thing the MD11 was always my go-to aircraft, but with the addition of aircraft like the A350, the MD11 has fallen out of favor for me (same with DC10). I really do like the aircraft, but I like working instruments as well, and I hope that in the near future, working instruments will be added to the DC10/MD11.

1 Like

This is excatly me. I prefer working instruments just for my realism but i cant stand the 2d pictures if there is 3d in some planes.

However i did my the DC-10 from Hawaii to Tahiti yesterday.

Asides from a working instrument, the DC10/MD11 can be considered up to A350 standards…working instruments is literally all that it’s missing to make it a flyable aircraft.

1 Like

Excatly. I would like the DC’s back in the day 3, 4, 7, 8 but i don’t know if there would be enough demand for that to happen. IF do miss quite a bit of historical aircraft, but at the same time its based in modern day society

Right with ya here, but realistically classic aircraft won’t be added into IF for quite some time…perhaps at least when the 747 or 757 receives a rework treatment, which is still some centuries away.

With the retirements of 747’s and 757’s incoming, think its better to do these before its to late.

I’d think so too, although perhaps it’s not “too late” since adding reworks are always within the capabilities of the devs, but it’s just a matter of when we get to enjoy classic aircraft. I suppose the majority don’t feel so sympathetic with recent retirement e.g. AA retiring 757’s, KL retiring 744’s and what not, which is tragic to say the least. Just imagine flying the queen of the skies in IF…

1 Like

Yea, only times people fly the QFTS is when a event iw happening with it. Sometimes your odd one and two but they have been replaced with the brand new aircrafts, and with tbe 772 coming, we could see a more declined look.

I just wish there was a commercial aircraft with analog instruments that I could fly, something tougher and more challenging to fly. What would be ideal is a DC10 with an actual DC10 cockpit, rather than an MD10 with DC10 liveries.

Did Cargo retire their MD11s?

I believe Lufthansa retired theirs a short while back.

That’s a pity, only ever seen 1 in me life 😥

1 Like

I saw my first McDonnell Douglas aircraft the other day. DC 10 Fedex at sydney arriving over my head beautiful! I was there at work just keeping my excitment contained

1 Like

It’s a fantastic aircraft, I do like a working cockpit but I’ll overlook it on this case, I find it easier to manually fly than the modern aircraft, wouldn’t of said it’s any harder to land than anything else, it’s got so much grunt. What’s the best modern cargo hauler?