MaxWx: - Hurricane Jose Watch. Remains on Off Shore Track NE US Costal Region

MaxSez: TS JOSE is trailing IRMA. Reporting will be initiated when/if Continental Threat cone is established.

BULLETIN
Tropical Storm Jose Advisory Number 4
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL122017
500 AM AST Wed Sep 06 2017
**…JOSE EXPECTED TO BECOME A HURRICANE BY TONIGHT… **

SUMMARY OF 500 AM AST…0900 UTC…INFORMATION

LOCATION…12.5N 42.8W ABOUT 1255 MI…2020 KM E OF THE LESSER ANTILLES MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…60 MPH…95 KM/H PRESENT MOVEMENT…W OR 275 DEGREES AT 13 MPH…20 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1002 MB…29.59 INCHES

15 Likes

Hopefully, (from an IF pilot perspective and not a human perspective) that it makes landfall in the Caribbean at a better time for me to fly.

3 Likes

Really, another one? If these keep coming soon there is going to be a United States, lol.

4 Likes

Weather machines and climate control are just conspiracy theories… yea… right…like Katrina and Rita and …!!!

7 Likes

MaxSez: JOSE DESIGNATED Cat-1 REMAINS IN THE HOLE

HURRICANE JOSE FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 6
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL122017
2100 UTC WED SEP 06 2017

THERE ARE NO COASTAL WATCHES OR WARNINGS IN EFFECT.

INTERESTS IN THE LEEWARD ISLANDS SHOULD MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF
JOSE.

HURRICANE CENTER LOCATED NEAR 13.9N 45.8W AT 06/2100Z
POSITION ACCURATE WITHIN 20 NM

PRESENT MOVEMENT TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST OR 285 DEGREES AT 14 KT

ESTIMATED MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE 994 MB
MAX SUSTAINED WINDS 65 KT WITH GUSTS TO 80 KT.
64 KT… 15NE 0SE 0SW 15NW.
50 KT… 30NE 20SE 20SW 30NW.
34 KT… 60NE 50SE 30SW 60NW.
12 FT SEAS…120NE 60SE 60SW 90NW.
WINDS AND SEAS VARY GREATLY IN EACH QUADRANT. RADII IN NAUTICAL
MILES ARE THE LARGEST RADII EXPECTED ANYWHERE IN THAT QUADRANT.

6 Likes

Thanks for keeping the community informed. Watching the Advisory Updates from Palm Beach, Florida

4 Likes

@Tish. MaxSez: I’m in Myers, family in the Gardens. Been hearing NE turn in Florida Straight. Watching NW low Fl/Ga line and winds aloft. Creditable hypothesis, hate to say it, “Better you than me”! Regards, Stay Safe, we’re praying for ya’all.

6 Likes

You too. Stay safe on the West Coast! Irma was heading for you, now it seems like everybody things the turn North is going to happen earlier and earlier. Gotta hope it just misses Florida entirely

1 Like

Update to your picture.
Jose and Katia are now BOTH hurricanes.

4 Likes

@Maxmustang let’s start our own IF Weather consulting 😉
Not trying to get off topic, but if you have a Facebook account I’d love to add you into my rapidly growing tropical weather updates group. PM me :)

Is anyone in Florida going to stay when irma hits

1 Like

@RTG113… MaxSez: Thank you for the invite but I must decline. I have zero trust and confidence in social media with very few exceptions, the Forum, my only access to that media gets a pass, its content neutral which is not exploitable for personal data. Over time I’ve been victimized and learned an expensive lesson, no social media for me our my family. Regards

6 Likes

I find tropical storm/hurricane tracking super exciting.

4 Likes

Me too. I’ve been doing it for years now!

1 Like

I have just started because I moved to florida

MaxSez: Interesting discussion on Met Knowledge. For my Fledgling Friends;
If you have a life’s ambition to be involved in Aviation it time to take a keen interest in Met. Gonna be on the Fed dole, like grad school, fagedbutit…

2 Likes

How did I know that it would turn into a Hurricane.

1 Like

Because it was way far begin following the path through the same waters that made Irma a 5

1 Like

Nothing against you, but the new Floridians are the issue, with the panic that’s spreading from the super early Advisory warning. Just to let you know, we’be got 3 hurricanes at once, that can all go right for us, so… Welcome to Florida!

1 Like

I wouldn’t be scared if this wasn’t the worst hurricane in Atlantic recorded history… if that is the proper grammar.