MaxWx:CLOSED/Dup: . Refer to earlier IRMA Topic "IRMA to IF Region"

MaxSez: NWS shows IRMA picking up speed. Track still in doubt but Cuba/US slot passage expected this week will tell the tail. Both the Gulf an Eastern Seaboard on the Target List.

The government of Antigua has issued a Hurricane Warning for the islands of Antigua, Barbuda, Anguilla, Montserrat, St. Kitts, and Nevis. A Hurricane Watch has been issued for the British Virgin Islands.

The government of the Netherlands has issued a Hurricane Warning for the islands of Saba, St. Eustatius, and Sint Maarten.

The government of France has issued a Hurricane Warning for St. Martin and Saint Barthelemy. A Hurricane Watch has been issued for Guadeloupe.

A Hurricane Watch has been issued for the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Vieques, and Culebra.

The government of Barbados has issued a Tropical Storm Watch for Dominica.
(NWS)

ST. Maarten Met Special: SPECIAL FEATURE: At 11:00 AM LST, the center of Hurricane Irma was located near latitude 16.8 North, longitude 53.3 West or about 650 miles east southeast of St. Maarten. Irma is moving toward west southwest at 14 mph (22 km/h) but a turn toward the west is expected later today followed by a west northwestward turn late Tuesday. On the forecast track the center of Irma will move near St. Maarten Tuesday night into Early Wednesday.Maximum sustained winds are near 120 mph (195 km/h) with higher gusts. Additional strengthening is anticipated through Tuesday night.

NWS Aviation Discussion: “For the
Florida peninsula, it is still too uncertain to forecast the
impacts at this time.”

Florida: State of Emergency ( Be prepared early!)
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -
Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency for the entire state in anticipation of Hurricane Irma.
As of 5 p.m. Monday, Irma was a Category 4 and nearing the Leeward Islands.
The 5 p.m. forecast issued by the National Hurricane Center puts much of South Florida — including a portion of Collier County — in the 5-day cone.

10 Likes

I am currently staying there to see my friends then I saw this sooo Pray for me.

8 Likes

Stay safe @anon7075715, It was horrifying to see what happened in Houston, hope it won’t happen to you!

2 Likes

Stay safe Max and residents in the south.

1 Like

I saw some maps saying that Irma was going to so a direct hit onto Miami, some scary stuff there.

1 Like

Stay safe, I hope you will you be okay.

1 Like

Thanks man. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

2 Likes

The latest track over Cuba has it making a 90 degree turn up north into the entire peninsula of Florida. Im following this closely but Tomorrow or Wednesday should be fun to bring out the Spitfire in the Caribbean on Casual.

1 Like

@USA007. MaxSez: To early to predict a Florida landfall. Storm still approaching the Leeward Islands south of PR. Low Pressure stationary of the FL/GA line in the Atlantic will tell the tail. Check NWS Aviation Weather for pressure system & jet stream locations which will impact NW flow of approach US coast.

1 Like

Just a small correction, it’s actually “St.Kitts and Nevis”. It’s the whole name, not “St.Kitts, and Nevis”.

Hopefully not many people get hurt. Will try to go to the Caribbean region later this week to check it out! I hope to see other people there too!
Also might be interesting to see this in Flightradar24, as it is likely many diversions will happen and that sort of thing.

Nice info Max!

1 Like

South Florida is in the cone. Irma is a CAT4 and we might get a better picture of where it will go on Wednesday.

1 Like

Pretty much all of Florida is expected to be in the cone later on this week because the jetstream or cold front is expected to push in late.

State of Florida has declared emergency for all 67 counties, which is the whole state. Start preparing people.

1 Like

@nicochile2. MaxSez. Thanks for the correction to the NWS Forecast cut and paste. If you’d like I’ll forward it to nws.gov as a correction or we can just let it slide. Hobsens choice. Regards

Doesn’t load lol. Can’t “access server” or something. Just a minor correction. It’s the name of a country. I am sure many people would’t like it if someone puts “United States, of America” instead of the proper name. No problem though! Let’s just move on.

1 Like

The website for the NWS is weather.gov

1 Like

@Mobin_A. MaxSez: Good catch, just reported here in SWFla.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -
Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency for the entire state in anticipation of Hurricane Irma.

As of 5 p.m. Monday, Irma was a Category 4 and nearing the Leeward Islands.

The 5 p.m. forecast issued by the National Hurricane Center puts much of South Florida — including a portion of Collier County — in the 5-day cone.

@RTG113. Noted, just a pun which Niki. nws.gov is an admin catch all. Regards

2 Likes

@RTG113… Regret Dup. You own Topic. Regards, Max

1 Like

Okay we just delt with a hurricane now we have another one!?!? What is going on with the weather!?!?

No need for the caps, it’s just weather not the end of the world. This isn’t the first time stuff like this has happened.