MaxWx: 8/29; FINAL Harvey Aftermath Impact Map/ East Coast Poss TS-10 (TFR's moved to Corpus)

MaxSez: The Wx map is extracted from the App “My Radar”. I recommend it for pre-Flight Planning;
Harvey is now Cat 2 the Wx Service expects it to linger on the Texas Gulf Coast.
(Note, this App high lights major restricted area’s as posted w/explanations. D.C. National Security Zone in Red and Space Ops in yellow on the East Fl Space Coast only in effect during this convective period. I

IMG_0654

TAP MAP TO EXPAND. Suggest fly Florida Region Today. If yr in the Hurricane Cone yr Observations, B Field Closures and Photo’s welcome.

17 Likes

This link also provides an interesting perspective to the severity of the wind:

Landfall is at 1am. I’ve set an alarm for that time to check the meters for the local airports (Corpus Christi’s Airport being the one I am most interested in seeing, winds of over 120 mph).

8 Likes

I’ve been tracking this storm ever since the NHC highliter the chance for development east of the leeward islands. I think that IAH/HOU will close down later tonight, CRP is already closed down.

3 Likes

Our airports will stay open until the winds get to 40+. Anyways, my family has been preparing for the storm. Harvey will be like Allison.

2 Likes

Our winds are extremely bad right now. Gusts are a problem though.

5 Likes

Likely worse, you guys will get very similar rainfall but the winds will be much worse, Harvey is almost a category 3 and Allison was only a TS

2 Likes

What does the white highlight indicate? Looks like I might be feeling some wind up here in Montana.

1 Like

@PlaneCrazy. Directly effected/impacted area prediction. Regards, Max

I’m in SwFla. Well south of the direct impact area. We are IFR with light Gusts and sporadic hvy rain from the passing side lobes, ceiling FL020 solid. GA not flying out of Page Field (KFMY), SWFlaInt (KSRW) open and operating.

1 Like

Harvey is now a very dangerous Category 3 hurricane with winds of 120 MPH and a pressure of 943 MB. To any community members living in southeast Texas, please make sure you are totally prepared for this storm! 30+ inches of rain are likely in some places.

2 Likes

Thanks! I am just outside of San Antonio. The grocery stores are empty but we should just get a lot of rain and some wind hopefully. The bad part is that this part of the state starts Hill Country which does not help with that much rainfall. On a good note our aquafer was getting on the low side so this should help. I know my town has been accepting evacuees from the coast.

The big question is how long is it going to just sit and stall over us…

5 Likes

@Chris_S… Here’s an update Chris. Looks like it gonna go NW. No much high ground along that flat stretch of Coast. Good luck to all. Regards, Max

IMG_0656

2 Likes

A Cold Front from the north is going to prevent the Hurricane from going north for a little bit but the rain will be there for days and it will fall heavy for long periods of time.

2 Likes

Hurricane Harvey is now a CATEGORY 4 storm with 130 MPH winds and 941 MB pressure. Catastrophic impacts are likely. Some areas along the Texas coastline will likely be uninhabitable for weeks, possibly months. Keep them in your prayers!

Our Hurricane Hunters are really brave! We need to give them credit, they save countless lives yearly.

5 Likes

KCRP (Corpus Christi) 252251Z AUTO 33036G54KT 7SM -RA SCT012 BKN019 OVC036 24/24 A2940 RMK AO2 PK WND 33054/2246 SLP955 P0011 T02440239

Bad weather, but it will be worse in a few hours.

2 Likes

METAR : 2039Q AUTO 33054G65KT 1/2SM -RA FEW007 BKN012 OVC016 26/ A2928 RMK AO2 PK WND 34065/2144 PRESFR T0256 PNO . Now Cat 4

Hurricane Harvey Intermediate Advisory Number 22A
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL092017
700 PM CDT Fri Aug 25 2017

…EYE OF CATEGORY 4 HARVEY APPROACHING THE COAST BETWEEN PORT ARANSAS AND PORT O’CONNOR TEXAS…
…CATASTROPHIC FLOODING EXPECTED DUE TO HEAVY RAINFALL AND STORM SURGE…

SUMMARY OF 700 PM CDT…0000 UTC…INFORMATION

LOCATION…27.8N 96.8W ABOUT 35 MI…55 KM E OF CORPUS CHRISTI TEXAS ABOUT 50 MI…80 KM SSW OF PORT OCONNOR TEXAS MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…130 MPH…215 KM/H PRESENT MOVEMENT…NW OR 325 DEGREES AT 8 MPH…13 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…941 MB…27.79 INCHES

3 Likes

This is going to be quite the weekend. I live about 40 miles west of Houston, and it’s been raining and storming the whole afternoon. We were in Denver and we’re splinting to fly out at 8 pm but took a flight at 6:30 am instead, and the weather was still pretty rough at Hobby at 9:40 am.

4 Likes

21078709_1659331100751894_3130242146494407919_n
Harvey has officially made landfall as a category 4 hurricane with a pressure of 938 MB and 130 MPH winds. Please keep the people of southeastern TX in your prayers, as there are already numerous reports of buildings being destroyed with people still inside. Likely to be a rough next few days in southeastern TX aviation as the storm will linger.

4 Likes

Severe damage at Port Aransas/Rockport airport. Rockport, Port Aransas and surrounding towns got hit the worst, as that’s where the storm made landfall.
photo source

4 Likes

Ground stop currently in effect at IAH. A lot of flights diverting to DFW, BTR, or MSY

2 Likes

Houston and a good portion of southeast Texas is underwater. Highways are unrecognizable except for the signs above them, and there is lots of flooding going on in the city and other towns in southeastern Texas. KHOU is currently closed and the vast majority of flights in/out of KIAH are cancelled. It’s only supposed to get worse from here, please keep the people of southeastern Texas in your prayers.

3 Likes