MaxTrends: Airbus Industries Developing "Flying Taxi"

1 Like

Looks a bit overpowered. I mean 8 props for a taxi? 8 props can lift the hughes hercules (not the C-130 hercules) off the water

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust these flying taxi thingies, when there’s turbulence you’ll be better off taxiing on the ground

1 Like

This has got to be the stupidest comparison I’ve ever heard. First off, those are two different aircraft that served two completely different purposes, from completely different eras, with completely different technology. Also the Spruce Goose “flew”. It barley left the water. Plus, these look to be fuel efficient, smaller engines instead of huge multiple roes of cylinder engines tht were used on the Spruce Goose. Not to mention, 8 props probably are needed for it to hover safely

2 Likes

Not all propellers are created equal, just like how it took 4 engines to get the Boeing 707 off the ground while 2 is enough to get a 777-300ER off the ground. VTVL takes a lot of propeller power.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.