MaxTanks: Mission Rpt. Photos

MaxSez: Great Responce we had a mini-Group! Super aircraft mix to include a C-130 who hooked up first pass. Saw some real talent out there.
Sorry for the low speed, lesson learned., did’nt consider 22’s envelope.
Had some System/Camers issues en-route practice and experience saved the day. We’ll do fueling pup ups periodically, OpImmediate milmsg will be the vehicular/announcement. Here’s some pic from the CatBird Seat.
Thanks Aviators ya Got the Right Stuff.
(Suggestion: Need to follow Standard US Tanking Formation Procedure; See the Tutorial “Tanker Talk”… only the Chinamen tanks in a longitudinal in trail go, We call it a “Train” in a CAP situation.)

(IUNCLAS DTG IMMEDIATE
FR: IRONHAND
TO: ALL IF
INFO: IFATC
SUBJ: TANKER SUPPT
PROVIDER GIANT 7 11 ALOFT TS-1 NOW BT EN-ROUTE NOME AL (PAOM) TO LOS ANGELES CA (KLAX) BT WILL TANK ALL CAPABLE BT TRACK START BOOM DOWN 50 MILES S PAOM BT STANDARD RIGHT ECELON JOIN PATTERN/ PROCEDURE; EXTENSION IN TRANSIT, TRACK FL200 SPD 200K-CAS BT EMERGENCY BRAKE-AWAY BOOM UP BT MSN COMP NO JOY 75 MILES N KLAX BT IFATC MARSA APPLIES EN-ROUTE BT END MAX SENDS

imageimageimageimage!

18 Likes

My Photos From This Fun Flight!

Hoorah!

12 Likes

@Balloonchaser MacSez: Great Photo’s. Watched you at work, ya got the “Right Stuff”. Regards

3 Likes

@maxmustang Thanks again for the service; it was a blast!

1 Like

It was a pleasure staying in formation with you! I see myself in the 2nd photo!

2 Likes

@Balloonchaser. @Ryan_Vidad. @SF34 @mark @
@Z39R @airforce100…. MaxSez: “Well Done”:

IMG_1517

NEXT TIME LETS WORK THIS FORMATION:

Grafic from the Tutorial “Tanker Talk” Curtesy of: Popeye the Sailer,
Capt. @David_Lockwood* (Merchant Mariner)

8 Likes

Sorry wasn’t able to make it last night Max. Saw your briefing notes just as was heading out the door for dinner!

Will look out for your future ops as I remember well an earlier Air Refueling Mission you ran over the California dessert a few years ago with you in a ‘KC-17” and I took fuel in a Generic A330 which was representing a RAF Voyager. Great fun.

Quick link for others to the Tanker Talk Tutorial.

See you in the Virtual skies, calm seas and a fair wind!

1 Like

I took off and was distracted by a small boggy running through the house, had to engage and took some damage! Lol

2 Likes

Definitely enjoyed the pop up mission. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.