MaxSez, Let's install Runway Marker Beacons! (Plus Fledging Quiz)

Runway Marker Beacons are closely associate with ILS Systems, they including outer, inner, middle & threshold markers. RWay Marker Beacons Xmit Morse signals and are mounted on colored light stantions along the Localizers Flight Path at set intervals. Normally Beacons function on active Rways only, in all Wx conditions, particularly in low Vis/ IMC (Cat 1+ ILS Conditions ) for inbound aircraft on the ILS system. These markers xmit a Morse signal & colored lights (3watt) in a very small and defined elliptical area. In the cockpit, the signal/lite prompt on passing each marker on the correct flight path both visually and audibly as follows:
Technical data/Marker Beacons
Marker Distance Mod/Morse Ident Color
Outer Marker 4.0 NM 400 Hz - - - Blue
Middle Marker 0.6 NM 1.300Hz. .- . - . Yellow
Inner Marker 0.1 NM 3.000Hz. … White
Threshold/Final 3500’. Amber
Decision Height/Final Fix/Go Around … White
When you are on the ILS/ glide path within the signal area of each beacon (as defined above), you should see the corresponding colored light come on and hear the corresponding morse code dit/dot, they lead the way. This system is old technology but it remains in use Worldwide, it’s a life saver we need it. Coupled with TCAS it’s an IF must have!

(This Topic is a subset of previous Runway/Aerodrome improvements see Topics; ATIS, Blue Taxiway Lights, Taxi Way Signage, ALS etc. all awaiting action and implementation)
(Fledglings Google Quiz : ATIS- ILS Cat l, ll, lll - IMC/VMC - Wx - Xmit- Vis - TCAS - ALS- Decision Height - Morse Code)

20 Likes

This would be awesome

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this be in features?

3 Likes

I don’t see why it shouldn’t be, this is a feature request for Runway Marker Beacons, this doesn’t belong in #general

2 Likes

Exactly, I would move it, but I’ve been yelled at by OP for moving topics.

3 Likes

Where would you move it to? If you were to move it… 😂

1 Like

MaxSez: let’s cut to the chase. The checker game is over. The move bit was handled via PM by gentleman that don’t do laundry n public. Let’s move on shall we! What do you think of the topic, that’s the operative action at this point. Regards all, Max

1 Like

Needs more cowbell.

3 Likes

I’m for it, 100%. It adds to approach accuracy and realism. I don’t see a downside other than confusing pilots that aren’t familiar with it, but that’s nothing that a tutorial can’t fix. Excellent suggestion.

3 Likes

@Maxmustang maybe i want to do my laundry in public 😂, look i think this is a good idea however i think other other things should come first, good idea for the future though

Like Global and ghost repellent.

Ghost repellent would be one good feature ;)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.